Edge Factory Navi Question

alright i wanted to put a kenwood dnx-7140 in dash into my edge but i dont want to cut up my factory harness and was browsing the internet for a harness adapter that plugs into my edge's OEM harness to allow me to remove it if i ever decide to sell it. i cant seem to find one anywhere, does anyone have a pic of the factory harness (OEM NAVI) or a link to one? thanks in advance.

alright i wanted to put a kenwood dnx-7140 in dash into my edge but i dont want to cut up my factory harness and was browsing the internet for a harness adapter that plugs into my edge's OEM harness to allow me to remove it if i ever decide to sell it. i cant seem to find one anywhere, does anyone have a pic of the factory harness (OEM NAVI) or a link to one? thanks in advance.

Have you seen this?

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_127C2RFRD1/PA...ce.html?tp=3486

ab

no i havent seen that lol, what are all the RCAplugs for? I havent taken a peak of the back of the OEM navi unit But i guess i was just imagining a harness (plugs on one end that Connects into the OEM harness on the car end) with 12 to 14 wires on the other end to Twist together the wires from the aftermarket Head Unit.. Am i Wrong?

and what about these? (a little cheaper) http://www.electotronics.com/pacc2rfrd1rad...incolnmerc.aspx

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_16955_...ral+FORDAH.html

Edited by deepimpact00

one more thing. im strung between the avic - z3 and the kenwood dnx 8120.. any suggestions? im kinda leaning for the kenwood because it has built in bluetooth, but then again ive heard you can rip cds straight on to the HDD on the z3.. and also how are the steering controls? are they worth it? and how is it mounted? in sight or out of sight? thanks guys

Both are great units... I went with the F900BT with the 2.0 update.

It has BT built in also I have an iPhone/iPod and I didn't want mess with

keeping all my music synced up with ANOTHER hard drive

and it has a SD card slot so basiclly it acts like a little harddrive.

my Edge came with stock steering wheel controls so I hooked up an

adapter so they would work with the F900BT I installed.

Not much help, I know...

Both are great units... I went with the F900BT with the 2.0 update.

It has BT built in also I have an iPhone/iPod and I didn't want mess with

keeping all my music synced up with ANOTHER hard drive

and it has a SD card slot so basiclly it acts like a little harddrive.

my Edge came with stock steering wheel controls so I hooked up an

adapter so they would work with the F900BT I installed.

Not much help, I know...

i also have ipod and iphone, but my ipod will never leave the car once its hooked up, did you have any problems downloading the phonebook to the HU with the iphone? i dont think ill use the hands free calling too often my car is already equipped with a hands free calling unit (cant remember the name right now) anyone have the alpine w505 with navi? i have the w205 right now and im trying to sell it so i can get a new unit (i wanted navi built in) i have found the w505 with navi in a package, and ive hearn nothing but bad things about the blackbird II but this seems to be a different unit. I dont know what kind of head unit to get lol im just getting sick of the same old CDs and not being able to control my ipod from the HU like before.