Newbie, Lookin' at an Edge Sport

SuperDuty

Hi All,

Just came across the site and registered. I'm considering a red 2009 Edge Sport. The dealer has let me have it for the weekend while they determine if they can give me what I want for my trade on Monday. So far, I really like it, but can't say that I "love" it, which is probably good when it comes down to negotiation time.

As my log-in suggests, I've got a SuperDuty right now. 2001, Lariat, 7.3 diesel. It's been a great truck, but I think I'd like to downsize now and get something I can actually get in the garage during winter! :)

Anyway, I'm prowling around looking for info about the Edge and what current owners think.

Thanks,

SuperDuty (John)

Hi All,

Just came across the site and registered. I'm considering a red 2009 Edge Sport. The dealer has let me have it for the weekend while they determine if they can give me what I want for my trade on Monday. So far, I really like it, but can't say that I "love" it, which is probably good when it comes down to negotiation time.

As my log-in suggests, I've got a SuperDuty right now. 2001, Lariat, 7.3 diesel. It's been a great truck, but I think I'd like to downsize now and get something I can actually get in the garage during winter! :)

Anyway, I'm prowling around looking for info about the Edge and what current owners think.

Thanks,

SuperDuty (John)

You should get a LOT of money for your 7.3 Those motors are legendary from what I have read.

Rumors have it that the 2011 EDGE will have a turbocharged,gasoline direct injection motor as an option.

You should get a LOT of money for your 7.3 Those motors are legendary from what I have read.

Rumors have it that the 2011 EDGE will have a turbocharged,gasoline direct injection motor as an option.

Once your Super Duty is gone, you'll cry like a baby. They tend to be heirlooms.

Well, I thought long an hard about it - and I picked out a Flex instead of the Edge. I went back to the dealer and drive both one right after the other again, and the Flex feels so much nicer to me.

I'm getting a Flex limited that is ridiculously loaded. The owner of the dealership has taken it on a road trip, so it has some miles, but they gave me an incredible price and a exactly what I wanted for my trade in.

I am such a gadget junkie and the Flex is going to keep me occupied for quite a while I expect.

Thanks,

Congrats, I'm positive your going to love it over the SD. tHE fLEX DOES HAVE A BETTER INTERIOR, BUT i DIDN'T NEED THE EXTRA SPACE. tHE eDGE IS PERFECT FOR ME. .................I just realized the Caps lock was on and I'm too lazy to go back and fix it.

Have fun with your new Flex!

I have a 2001 Mustang GT and never had one problem/issue with it. I bought my wife a limted '08 blazing copper and aside from the issues, we love it. I adore the Flex, the wife hates it. Whenever I see one, I think about the beach boys...."loadin' up the woody with the boards inside" The flex is truly an awesome vehicle even though I have never driven one. Congrats on the purchase !