UPDATE for 2009 Navi Maps???

awagner

Does anyone know what the scoop is on updating the maps on the 2009 navi system? Navteq is no longer in partnership with Ford, Ford says contact the dealership and the dealership is clueless.

I have a nice new 09 Edge Sport loaded and the maps are literally from 4 - 5 years ago! I'd really like to update the navi system with something a little more current but keep hitting a brick wall. A small thing to complain about as other than some minor problems in the beginning this seems like a solid car with head turning looks. The 22" rims are sweet, but I am dreading tire replacement time as it will be close to $1K to do all 4 tires.

Any advice on the map update would be appreciated!

post-6303-1246905908_thumb.jpg post-6303-1246905927_thumb.jpg

Edited by awagner

you might get lucky and find someone selling it on eBay?

I know that you can often find 4p, 6p, etc.. I know your 2009 uses a different DVD, but point is, unless you can find someone with a 2009 willing to make you a DVD copy, that might be your best bet?

interesting that Navteq and Ford parted ways.. but also sucks as that leaves any updates for us all up in the air :(

you might get lucky and find someone selling it on eBay?

I know that you can often find 4p, 6p, etc.. I know your 2009 uses a different DVD, but point is, unless you can find someone with a 2009 willing to make you a DVD copy, that might be your best bet?

interesting that Navteq and Ford parted ways.. but also sucks as that leaves any updates for us all up in the air :(

The DVD's on eBay are for pre-09 models. Starting in 09 they went to a hard disk based GPS system. Essentially you update the maps from a DVD and then you are done with it. I was hoping someone with an 09 may have heard something or found something out.

Oh well, I have a Garmin with 2010 maps installed so if I get in a jam I can put that on the dash for a quick get out of trouble until I find a fix for this issue.

Since when did Navteq and Ford part ways? All 2010 Fords will be built with updated Navteq maps. I've heard that an update disc is coming, but because it requires unique formatting and has to be made compatible with all vehicles and software levels, it's taken a bit of time

• 1 month later...

Good news regarding the 2009 Navteq updates:

"NAVTEQ® is the map of choice for Ford, Lincoln and Mercury and in order to get the most out of your navigation system, it's important to keep those maps up-to-date. We are pleased to announce that the first update for your navigation system will be available soon!

It's easy for you to stay informed when new releases occur. Simply click here and complete your registration with NAVTEQ®. We will contact you when your new map update becomes available."

It looks like we can now work directly with Navteq and not the wonderfully informed Ford dealers (who both parts and service know nothing...mulitple dealers).

Yeah!

• 4 months later...

Unfortunately, that message has been ther for a few months now...at least 2, since I've been looking. I hope they get this fixed up soon.

Finally available under Ford part # AA5Z-10E987-A for the bargain price of $795!!

I think I'll keep the old maps until they start showing up on eBay