Disappointed

jnh13

Ordered SEL August 8th and production debacle couple with rail strike means it came today.

Supposed to come with the chrome wheels and has painted ugly ones on it.

This is one of the first edges built, sat in a holding lot, then retrofitted very last etc etc

and now I cannot drive it as they will not change the wheels if used.

What a mess. Why would FORD not call to notify dealer or customer ahead of time.

Main reason I bought it was I liked the chrome wheels matching the chrome grill.

This is brutal customer service again and all around.

Ordered SEL August 8th and production debacle couple with rail strike means it came today.

This is one of the first edges built, sat in a holding lot, then retrofitted very last etc etc

What a mess. Why would FORD not call to notify dealer or customer ahead of time.

Main reason I bought it was I liked the chrome wheels matching the chrome grill.

Let me make sure I get this correct: You ordered an Edge with the chrome wheels and they came with the standard wheels instead?

Did the dealer actually order the correct wheels? The reason I ask is that often dealers don't put the right order in.

No he ordered with correct specs. 220 A with 64G wheels. They told dealer chrome in short supply and suck it up. That every 3/4 with 18 got the crummy painted ones even if not ordered with them.

I know I was overyly patient with August order and could have just bought one off a lot but not the way I ordered it equiped.

Jeff

Not to mention, is on the monroney label AKA window sticker?

An order will not be changed once it has been scheduled. Once the dealer heard that the wheels were on commodity, they must have changed the order to get yours through quicker. Did anyone verify this with you?

This is what I'm curious about. I'd like to see the original order that the dealer transmitted.

FMC dealer doesn't show a commodity issue with the chrome wheels dating back to August though?

They were not tol they were on commodity at all. I do have the window sticker they ship with and shows painted,

original order shows 64G chrome wheels. I am trying to shake a copy loose from them. I don't think they want me rocking the boat?

They were not tol they were on commodity at all. I do have the window sticker they ship with and shows painted,

original order shows 64G chrome wheels. I am trying to shake a copy loose from them. I don't think they want me rocking the boat?

Getting a copy of the original order is not a big deal. . .it's not like these are "secret" Pentagon papers for anything.

jnh13,

I know that you should not have to be dealing with this because Ford should have gotten it right. :cry: There is a set of Factory Edge Chrome 18" on ebay for 3 more days, according to the listing. I have often found that it is better to order things myself, if I can find an item, rather than wait for the dealer to get them, especially if they say they are in short supply. Also, I see that there is a set of the 17" aluminum for sale on e-bay, so if you get the 18", you can probably sell your 17" set on e-bay and get some of the money back. Here is the link to the 18" chrome rims:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/18-FACTORY-...1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/07-Ford-Edg...1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/FACTORY-ORI...1QQcmdZViewItem

Don't forget that the Edge's also have the Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS)! If you do go the E-bay route this will create another headache for you as typically when the wheels are changed out the vehicles computer system will need to be re-calibrated to accept the new sensors inside the wheels ( if they are even in the sets from E-bay).

My opinion is you will create more problems for yourself than you will solve. If what you have stated is correct than it is up to Ford and the associated dealer to correct your problem. Let them do it and relieve yourself of even more unforeseen issues.

My dealer finally got another Edge that is not presold and we did a swap. I am happy now.

The dark vehicles look bad with the painted in my opinion and almost everyone who had seen it including fleet sales manager I deal with.

I will see what everyone thinks of the chrome now that I have them and am finally happy.

P.S. the vehicle is great otherwise.