Engine probelm

cjb

08 Edge 15k miles

After the truck been setting for over 24 hours I turn it on and a plum of smoke pour out of exhaust. Bluish smoke so I know it must be a leaking valve. Any one else had this problem? My truck has been service every 3k mile so no abuse on my part.

The dealer I got it from has a bad service department so I called a Lincoln dealer here by my job and they said that yes they can service it. I am going to try them but is not sure they can provide me with a loaner. The service person said he was going to talk to the manager see if they can do something about that. I hope that we can work something out.

Edited by cjb

Yep, she'll need new rings or seals. I'd ask the dealer to see if they can locate the 2 possible parts first (don't order them, just locate them) and see how long to get them. Then let them have the car. It will cut down on time away from your Edge and save $$ on rental (either for you or them). It would suck for them to tear it down and then find out the parts are back ordered or 2-3 weeks out.

• 3 weeks later...