found a 2008 left over

im in the process of negotiating a new 2008 edge from a dealer a little out of my area, but close enough to drive the distance for the right deal. heres the window sticker.

EDGE

2008 EDGE FWD-LMTD

3.5L V6 ENGINE

AUTOMATIC OVERDRIVE TRANS

Exterior

BLACK CLEARCOAT

Interior

CHARCOAL BLACK

MSRP

STANDARD VEHICLE PRICE $31,075

Optional Equipment

2008 MODEL YEAR

BLACK CLEARCOAT

BLACK LEATHER

.18" WHEELS W/CHRM APPEARANCE

.3.5L V6 ENGINE

.AUTOMATIC OVERDRIVE TRANS

.P245/60R18 BSW TIRES

CALIFORNIA/GREEN STATES EMISS

PANORAMIC VISTA ROOF $1,595

NAVIGATION SYSTEM-DVD $1,995

POWER LIFTGATE $490

SIRIUS SAT RADIO W/6 MOS SVC $195

AUTODIM RRVW MIRR W/MICROPHONE

FRONT LICENSE PLATE BRACKET

TOTAL VEHICLE & OPTIONS $35,350

DESTINATION & DELIVERY $755

TOTAL MSRP $36,105

The dealer offered invoice right off the bat, although i havent been there to request a copy of the actual invoice. they priced it at 33950 before taxes and rebates (4000 from ford) all together with tax and tag is 32,933. has never been titled, driven etc... has 29 miles on odometer

from my standpoint im thinking i can do better, considering invoice these days isnt exactly special and this truck is 2 years old (new or not, no dealer is gunna care two years from now that i bought it new as a left over) from the research ive done ive found that the trade in, private party and dealer prices are 24541, 27206, and 29622 respectively. am i crazy to think i shouldnt lose 9500 the second i drive off the lot? The invoice on the 2009s ive looked at are pretty much the same and theyre offering 3000 rebates on those.

In your opinions, what should i ask for? Im thinking 29000 before rebates is reasonable.

Edited by silentjay1980

Like you said, its 2 years old. If they offered invoice right away, its certainly not the best deal they can offer. The other thing that I'd be concerned about why its not selling, since its the right color & has all the right accessories. I'd get a Car Fax to be sure it wasn't damaged. Some dealers buy this type of vehicle at a big discount. I found this out the hard way. I bought a new Lightning & I brought in for some service one time & happened to notice when the sun was in the right direction I could see that part of one side had been repainted. They tried to tell me nothing was wrong even though it was plain as day. I later found out it was transportation damage to the door & roof.

you are correct, you will LOSE big time when you drive it off the lot. i bought a 07 just as the 08's were here. i had a trade in that they gave me $12K for (the best i could get anywhere else was $8K for the trade, it was when gas was near $4gal.)

15 months later, and 20,000 miles later, i got offered $18K for "trade-in" w/ a flawless vehicle. NO, i didn't take the trade (it was an 09 SRT-8 Charger the wife wanted it) luckily they wouldn't make a decent enough trade so we kept the EDGE (glad we kept it ;))

car depreciation depresses me. (unless i'm the one buying)

they actually had three left. the dealer really is not close to much. doesnt surprise me they had one left. ill carfax it before i buy but i doubt theres a problem. im going there tomorrow with intentions to buy if they meet my price. otherwise ill walk and buy a much more available 09 from a dealer much closer

just got back from the dealer. they would not budge on the price, citing many interested buyers (yea right). i told them they have my number and info if they change their mind but the gm and sales guy seemed pretty adamant that they will not sell the truck at a loss over their invoice. okay then, back to the drawing board. wasnt there like 8000 cash back on 08s in march? i wonder if theyll do the same on 09s soon

We just bough a left over 08 AWD Limited, MSRP was $39,230

We paid $27125 after rebates($4000 + $750Coupon + $7355 dealer discount) before tax/lisc (9.5%) and trade-in($2500)/down payment($2500) totaling $5k

Total for loan was $26,000 even

Car was a dealer used car though, had 2,400 miles but come with full warranty 3yr/38,400m so it wasn't a big factor, price (over $12,000 off MSRP) was too good to pass up.

Edited by Verhalas

im in the process of negotiating a new 2008 edge from a dealer a little out of my area, but close enough to drive the distance for the right deal. heres the window sticker.

EDGE

2008 EDGE FWD-LMTD

3.5L V6 ENGINE

Exterior

BLACK CLEARCOAT

Interior

CHARCOAL BLACK

MSRP

Optional Equipment

2008 MODEL YEAR

BLACK CLEARCOAT

BLACK LEATHER

.3.5L V6 ENGINE

.P245/60R18 BSW TIRES

POWER LIFTGATE $490

TOTAL MSRP $36,105

The dealer offered invoice right off the bat, although i havent been there to request a copy of the actual invoice. they priced it at 33950 before taxes and rebates (4000 from ford) all together with tax and tag is 32,933. has never been titled, driven etc... has 29 miles on odometer

from my standpoint im thinking i can do better, considering invoice these days isnt exactly special and this truck is 2 years old (new or not, no dealer is gunna care two years from now that i bought it new as a left over) from the research ive done ive found that the trade in, private party and dealer prices are 24541, 27206, and 29622 respectively. am i crazy to think i shouldnt lose 9500 the second i drive off the lot? The invoice on the 2009s ive looked at are pretty much the same and theyre offering 3000 rebates on those.

In your opinions, what should i ask for? Im thinking 29000 before rebates is reasonable.

EDGE

2008 EDGE FWD-LMTD

3.5L V6 ENGINE

Exterior

BLACK CLEARCOAT

Interior

CHARCOAL BLACK

MSRP

Optional Equipment

2008 MODEL YEAR

BLACK CLEARCOAT

BLACK LEATHER

.3.5L V6 ENGINE

.P245/60R18 BSW TIRES

POWER LIFTGATE $490

TOTAL MSRP $36,105

I bought a new 2008 MKX about a month ago. Dealer had $10,000 off sticker including rebates. Great car!

sticker price was also about $2000 lower than an "09

• 9 months later...

EDGE

2008 EDGE FWD-LMTD

3.5L V6 ENGINE

Exterior

BLACK CLEARCOAT

Interior

CHARCOAL BLACK

MSRP

Optional Equipment

2008 MODEL YEAR

BLACK CLEARCOAT

BLACK LEATHER

.3.5L V6 ENGINE

.P245/60R18 BSW TIRES

POWER LIFTGATE $490

TOTAL MSRP $36,105