power mirror problems!! anyone have the same issues??

ok so here's the issue. when my memory seat button is pressed, the mirrors adjust to the preset positions, but then when i press "1" to revert back to other seat position the mirror does not return to preset position it points all the way to the right and even "clicks" because its trying to go further right then its allowed. Ive disconnected the battery with no luck.. anyone have any issues like this? i haven't taken it to ford yet, but plan on getting it checked out unless i overlooked something.. and i have tried to reset the mirror memory position to where it needs to be but it always loses its memory whenever the seat memory buttons are pressed... no prob with left mirror or seats though. thanks in advance..

ok so here's the issue. when my memory seat button is pressed, the mirrors adjust to the preset positions, but then when i press "1" to revert back to other seat position the mirror does not return to preset position it points all the way to the right and even "clicks" because its trying to go further right then its allowed. Ive disconnected the battery with no luck.. anyone have any issues like this? i haven't taken it to ford yet, but plan on getting it checked out unless i overlooked something.. and i have tried to reset the mirror memory position to where it needs to be but it always loses its memory whenever the seat memory buttons are pressed... no prob with left mirror or seats though. thanks in advance..

my mirrors would move a little bit at a time when trying to adjust by memory or manually, not smooth and continuous like normal,

dealer replace both mirror motors, all is good now

The clicking sound usually means the motor/mirror is too far extened in a certain direction or its trying to move but is being held by something. It moves fine when you use the joystick?

thats the problem, somehow my mirror preset for the right side dont save and its like i took the joystick and moved the mirror all the way right untill it wont go anymore and it clicks... im taking it in tomorrow. also heard clicking, sounds like cv's to me, put the stock rims back on and clicking stopped but im still getting it checked out. just rolled over 30,000 so im due in for a checkup.

• 2 years later...
  • 5 months later...

The passenger side on my 2011 does the same thing. It moves fine with the joystick and I set the spot I want it in via the 1/2 buttons. The next time I start up the car and hit my button, it either moves to pointing up or down, and just today after starting or shutting off the car, it tries to move more than the motor will allow, so the mirror clicks.