2008 Edge Navigation/GPS Antenna Reception

Hi,

Can someone explain that on my 2008 Edge Limited, is the navigation antenna reception supposed to take awhile before the "no GPS symbol" goes away? On mine, it will stay at the no GPS symbol until I start driving for awhile, then it will finally go away, is that normal. If I start the car & leave it in park, it will stay on. This morning I drove down my block, turned & went a few more blocks before thereception kicked in (clear morning) Also, is that annoying "Agree" message come on everytime you start the navigation?

Thanks

"Also, is that annoying "Agree" message come on everytime you start the navigation?"

yes, no way around this.

as for your reception.. are you sure you have line of sight in your neighborhood? I get that when I pull into my driveway since my house blocks the signal. pull out, all is well. If you have trees, buildings, etc. that can block it until you get open sky.

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone else with a OEM Nav have any comments regarding the GPS. It is atill acting flakey. This weekend we were using it to try to find a restaurant about 35 minutes away mostly highway traveling and the darn "No GPS" symbol didnt go off until we were half way there on a open highway on a clear day. Until then it had us driving thru malls, forest preserves etc (we did know the directions anyways). Plus I have plugged in Home just a few minutes away * it sometimes tells me to turn in the opposite direction when there is no other possible way to get there. Should I replace the antenna, or is that how it operates.

Does anyone else with a OEM Nav have any comments regarding the GPS. It is atill acting flakey. This weekend we were using it to try to find a restaurant about 35 minutes away mostly highway traveling and the darn "No GPS" symbol didnt go off until we were half way there on a open highway on a clear day. Until then it had us driving thru malls, forest preserves etc (we did know the directions anyways). Plus I have plugged in Home just a few minutes away * it sometimes tells me to turn in the opposite direction when there is no other possible way to get there. Should I replace the antenna, or is that how it operates.

I installed a Pioneer nav in a 2010 over the weekend, the GPS picks up as soon as I am out of the garage, it is possible you have a bad antenna or a bad connection to the back of the nav unit, it is also possible that the antenna is back to front (unlikely if you have not messed with it).

If the vehicle is staionary and press 3 & 6 together for approx 5 secs you will get into nav unit diagnostics, look for DTC's that may indicated a bad GPS, you can also view what satellites the system is locked onto.

• 1 month later...
I installed a Pioneer nav in a 2010 over the weekend, the GPS picks up as soon as I am out of the garage, it is possible you have a bad antenna or a bad connection to the back of the nav unit, it is also possible that the antenna is back to front (unlikely if you have not messed with it).

If the vehicle is staionary and press 3 & 6 together for approx 5 secs you will get into nav unit diagnostics, look for DTC's that may indicated a bad GPS, you can also view what satellites the system is locked onto.

The antenna being back to front should not make a difference since it just supplies coordinates to tell where you are not where you're going. Got me thinking as my aftermarket antenna is in there sideways.