2008 Vista roof problem! help!!

BAD03COBRA

Hi all

new guy here. My gf just bought a 2008 Edge Limited w/ 8k miles on it. We test drove it and DID check the roof and all though I noted that it seemed to close noticably slower than openeing, it seemed fine. Last night we finished up all the paperwork and took it home. She had the biggest smile on her face as this was the newest vehicle she has ever bought.

So we go to dinner and for a ride. We get home and go to close the roof and it starts squeaking and shaking and stops about 6-8" form closing. Tried opening it back up and closing to same effect. It was going to rain that night so my only option was to push on it / force it which did let it close. So now it has to go back and of course she is devistated. Is there a TSB for this or an easy fix? Its almost like it was rubbing on the track or it was mis-aligned.

thanks alot and I hope to get alot of info about her car on here as Im a huge car buff and on like 30 other forums.

Jake

Edited by BAD03COBRA

I think there was an issue with not enough grease on the tracks early on. Should be an easy fix. Bring it back.

we did go back and they "greased" it up. what is that all about? Ive had moon roofs in my vehicles for the last few now and all have worked flawlessly even up to 140k miles on one car.

and how often will this happen?

we did go back and they "greased" it up. what is that all about? Ive had moon roofs in my vehicles for the last few now and all have worked flawlessly even up to 140k miles on one car.

and how often will this happen?

I haven't seen that many complaints about this problem, so you may never have to worry about it again. I've had mine for 2 years & haven't had any problems yet. Glad they took care of you quickly.

I haven't seen that many complaints about this problem, so you may never have to worry about it again. I've had mine for 2 years & haven't had any problems yet. Glad they took care of you quickly.

yes, I was happy it was an easy fix. I was a little skeptical on buying it in the first place as its a RAV vehicle and then the first night we have it this happened.

She loves it though. So do I I just dont express it...haha

yes, I was happy it was an easy fix. I was a little skeptical on buying it in the first place as its a RAV vehicle and then the first night we have it this happened.

She loves it though. So do I I just dont express it...haha

Do you know what it was reaquired for? It should have had all concerns fixed before it was resold, so hopefully you don't have any other problems

Do you know what it was reaquired for? It should have had all concerns fixed before it was resold, so hopefully you don't have any other problems

stalling? Oasis report has it in every few thousand miles for a "stalling" issue. dealer took it for 400 miles and never duplicated the problem and after the 3rd or 4th time a Ford rep came out and took it for 300 miles and found nothing. everytime they diagnosed the cas they found nothing. Almost like the origninal owner couldnt afford it or didnt like it after buying it.

stalling? Oasis report has it in every few thousand miles for a "stalling" issue. dealer took it for 400 miles and never duplicated the problem and after the 3rd or 4th time a Ford rep came out and took it for 300 miles and found nothing. everytime they diagnosed the cas they found nothing. Almost like the origninal owner couldnt afford it or didnt like it after buying it.

Well I hope that you don't have any problems with it. I would think that after 700 miles they should have been able to duplicate the concern.