Pioneer Nav Install? Please Help!

Hi All. Just got a great deal on a Pioneer Avic F900Bt but need some tips on installing. For one, is there a direct connection adapter that anyone knows of that would let me just plug it in? If not a recommendation on needed harnesses etc would be much appreciated. I've seen mention of a Ford to Pioneer 16 pin connector on some posts but dont know if that is what is needed. I beleive Pioneer makes the units for Ford so this cant be that hard. Thanks in advance!!!!

look into the metra harness XSVI-5520-NAV this harness provides you will all the necessary connections for a nav deck (speed sense, reverse, parking break).

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_14512_...CFQEhDQodMSSwJw

Otherwise you can use the metra 70-5520 but then you will ahve to serch for all those wires in the vehicle.

Keep in mind if you have sync or steering wheel controls you will loose them unless you buy the adaptors for that also.

Thank you! Would I have to then bypass the amps in the car and wire directly to the speakers? Ive been told that is the case and it sounds like a pain. I am a little confused with the second one you mention as it looks to cover only one of the 3 connections that plug into the factory deck. Lastly, does anyone know about this connector "SCOSCHE SMFD02PIO1603B Direct-Connection Harness (for Ford to Pioneer 2003 & up)" How difficult would you say this job will be? I'm pretty handy but have never done a car radio install.

• 4 weeks later...
Thank you! Would I have to then bypass the amps in the car and wire directly to the speakers? Ive been told that is the case and it sounds like a pain. I am a little confused with the second one you mention as it looks to cover only one of the 3 connections that plug into the factory deck. Lastly, does anyone know about this connector "SCOSCHE SMFD02PIO1603B Direct-Connection Harness (for Ford to Pioneer 2003 & up)" How difficult would you say this job will be? I'm pretty handy but have never done a car radio install.

i need help bypassing the parking brake in my 08 edge sel...just installed a pioneer avic f700bt but cant get the movies on my ipod to play while im driving. They work fine while im not moving... This irritates my fiance bc she thinks watching movies makes time go by faster when we are going to our ball tournaments... I tried installing a switch but i didnt know which fuse to hook it to bc my book doesnt have a parking brake lamp fuse on the diagram....

i need help bypassing the parking brake in my 08 edge sel...just installed a pioneer avic f700bt but cant get the movies on my ipod to play while im driving. They work fine while im not moving... This irritates my fiance bc she thinks watching movies makes time go by faster when we are going to our ball tournaments... I tried installing a switch but i didnt know which fuse to hook it to bc my book doesnt have a parking brake lamp fuse on the diagram....

Install a PAC TR7. Most of the newer head units need more than just grounding the parking brake wire. TR7 can fake the proper parking and regular brake signals.