Looking for Pics of Chrome Bug Deflector

quote name='anglwngss' post='30589' date='Sep 12 2009, 04:32 PM']anyone gotten a chrome deflector and had it installed yet? or a smoke colored one, either?

thanks!

Yes. I put the WeatherTech bug sheild on my wife's '09. It's not chrome...it's smoke colored...looks great on the 'tri-sand white platinum' (I think I'm referring to it correctly...it's the metallic white color which cost a bit more). I don't have pics, but could take some if you'd like.

The WeatherTech bug shield cost approx. the same as others (~$80 shipped), and fits perfectly. Instructions said it could be installed using only the double sided tape, or also w/ screws (both the tape and screws came w/ it). I used both the tape and screws to better ensure it won't come loose. Again, very happy w/ it....the mounting part of the bug deflector perfectly matched every contour/indent on where it mounted to the underside of the hood.

Here's a pic (just took it...dark here now, but I think it will give you a good idea of how it looks):

post-7273-1252807384_thumb.gif

Edited by Goldy

Thanks, I've got the Cinnamon colored one. The smoke looks great on your lighter colored one. ;)

I'm planning on purchasing the chrome handles.. Hmm wonder if the chrome bug deflector would be too much chrome? Just trying to decide between the chrome and smoke colors.. lol

Thanks for the links, I've bookmarked them both!

Yes. I put the WeatherTech bug sheild on my wife's '09. It's not chrome...it's smoke colored...looks great on the 'tri-sand white platinum' (I think I'm referring to it correctly...it's the metallic white color which cost a bit more). I don't have pics, but could take some if you'd like.

The WeatherTech bug shield cost approx. the same as others (~$80 shipped), and fits perfectly. Instructions said it could be installed using only the double sided tape, or also w/ screws (both the tape and screws came w/ it). I used both the tape and screws to better ensure it won't come loose. Again, very happy w/ it....the mounting part of the bug deflector perfectly matched every contour/indent on where it mounted to the underside of the hood.

Here's a pic (just took it...dark here now, but I think it will give you a good idea of how it looks):

post-7273-1252807384_thumb.gif

Goldy -

can you please take a few more photos in the day light for me and post please. I also have a tri-sand and was considering one of these off and on, but wanted to see it installed on our color of Edge. thanks!

Goldy -

can you please take a few more photos in the day light for me and post please. I also have a tri-sand and was considering one of these off and on, but wanted to see it installed on our color of Edge. thanks!

Hi Lex. Will do...may be a few days till I can get the pic in the daylight, but I'll post it as soon as I do.

Hi Lex. Will do...may be a few days till I can get the pic in the daylight, but I'll post it as soon as I do.

Just installed my smoke colored one on the 2010 Tri Coat White...will post pictures when I finish all my mods and have a clear day

yeah, both of you, it would help me greatly decide if it is for me. thanks.

yeah, both of you, it would help me greatly decide if it is for me. thanks.

ok..it took a couple of days or so, but here are the pics:

Again, this is the 'WeatherTech' bug guard...I'm very happy w/ it...definitely a quality piece. Personally, I like the 'smoked' look...never seen what the 'chrome' looks like. If someone has a pic, please share.

Thx.

post-7273-1253399808_thumb.jpg

post-7273-1253400014_thumb.jpg

post-7273-1253400276_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Finally, saw a car (actually an F150) w/ a chrome colored bug deflector...Note: this was not metallic, but rather plastic that looked like chrome. I have to say, not my cup of tea...If I would have seen prior to purchasing the smoke colored one, I most definitely would still have chosen the smoke. Just my 2 cents worth.