2wd vs. 4wd ?

svoman

It may be premature but , wanted to know if anyone has had a chance to drive a 2wd edge to see if torque steer is an issue with 265hp on the front wheels. Wanted to squeeze out a little more gas mileage(hoped for 21/27mpg epa) out of the vehicle if possible, which might be asking too much. Don't want to add the extra weight of 4wd unless torque steer is a problem on wet or snowy roads. Does anyone know why they did'nt go the direction of cvt trany instead of the 6-spd. I suspect it had to do with the torque of the new 3.5 V-6 being too much for the existing cvt used on the freestyle.

I kind of doubt there will be much torque steer. The 3.0L Fusions and 500's have had very little. One review of the AWD Milan said there was absolutley none.

As far as the CVT goes, I think with the new 6F, Ford just decided too many transmissions available for the V6's. In the 500, the Asin 6 speed got a bit better gas mileage. And now with the 6F, things should be even better. So I think it was more of a matter of standardizing on the 6F. But I do hope that Ford does keep developing the CVT. From a few people I talked to that have it, they love the smoothness.

I kind of doubt there will be much torque steer. The 3.0L Fusions and 500's have had very little. One review of the AWD Milan said there was absolutley none.

As far as the CVT goes, I think with the new 6F, Ford just decided too many transmissions available for the V6's. In the 500, the Asin 6 speed got a bit better gas mileage. And now with the 6F, things should be even better. So I think it was more of a matter of standardizing on the 6F. But I do hope that Ford does keep developing the CVT. From a few people I talked to that have it, they love the smoothness.

Thanks on both items, that will help me fiqure out what I want to order, just have to see the colors in person and i will have my mind made up.