Update on "ding, ding, ding" (Lift Gate)

BlazedUp

The service update report is that the liftgate should ding three times upon full open. I explained to the service manager that it did not do this for 1 year and he said that this SOP. I guess it should have done it all along but it did not.

Learn something new everyday...Ours must be broke too.

But it does ding ding ding when we hit the close button.

ab

it's a crap shoot with those guys, I often know more than them... it has always done the dings on close, but never on open until I had the issue. I did the reset steps I mentioned elsewhere, than it was correctly back to just dings on close and nothing at open, which is how it has been ever since, which I bet is true SOP. why ding at full extension? its open at that stage - so who cares. makes no sense. but it makes perfect sense to ding on the way down so you watch your head and check all stuff is out of the way. I call BS on this.

it's a crap shoot with those guys, I often know more than them... it has always done the dings on close, but never on open until I had the issue. I did the reset steps I mentioned elsewhere, than it was correctly back to just dings on close and nothing at open, which is how it has been ever since, which I bet is true SOP. why ding at full extension? its open at that stage - so who cares. makes no sense. but it makes perfect sense to ding on the way down so you watch your head and check all stuff is out of the way. I call BS on this.

+1

ab