Front Bumper Paint Job Price?

UnderConstruction

Hello Friends,

I just got my 09 Edge two months ago and :shift: rear ended a car. Stupid me!!! My question is how much would it cost for a paint job for my left corner. There are no dents but scratches, also I lost my plastic cover for my left fog light. Since I don't have time to invest in looking around I would appreciate it if anybody can help me out with the pricing of the paint. :sos:

Thanks,

Jorge

Is there something that prevents you from driving it down to a local body shop and getting an estimate??

As a ex body shop man, there are many alternatives-

You COULD get a plastic facia or a fender and a rattle can of paint and do the job on the cheap- but then what do you have??

Hello Friends,

I just got my 09 Edge two months ago and :shift: rear ended a car. Stupid me!!! My question is how much would it cost for a paint job for my left corner. There are no dents but scratches, also I lost my plastic cover for my left fog light. Since I don't have time to invest in looking around I would appreciate it if anybody can help me out with the pricing of the paint. :sos:

Thanks,

Jorge

Hi Jorge. :D Paint/repair costs can vary widely by region. You are in Texas and I am not too familiar with the costs there, so I will give an educated guess compared to the my region of the US.

Everything I reply from here on assumes that the "scratches" are not removable/repairable by wet-sanding/compounding or other do it yourself types of paint repair, and that the bumper must be repainted (only you can determine that).

First, if you are the least bit picky, the job can not be done properly without removing the bumper cover from the car. So the bumper cover will need to be removed from the vehicle and completely repainted. For a proper job, the damaged area should not be spot painted. Assuming there is no damage underneath, then the fog light cover is an inexpensive piece (maybe $20 or less) to replace and can be ordered from the Dealership or any of several online Ford Parts Retailers.

My guesstimate for a complete bumper cover removal, repair and repainting? Approximately $600 (or more) for a good job. Of course, you could go cheap, but as chewydawg stated, "...then what do you have?"

And again, this is just an educated guess on vehicle damages which I have not seen, and taking into account several rear bumper light-scratch repair/repainting estimates for my wife's car after it was rear-ended.

In the end, while I know your time is short, your best bet is to go to a few Collision repair shops for estimates.

Hope this information helps.

Good luck. :beerchug:

Edited by bbf2530

I had a new metal bumper cover painted for my Blazer a few years ago. Less surface area and different material than the Edge, it was around $300.00 just for the paint. No removal or installation or part included in that price.

When my rear bumper was dinged by someone like yourself on the same vehicle, bodyshop told me that to do it right it would have to have all paint removed and reprimed and repainted for it to be like new. Like bbf said, no shortcuts to make it less $$.

Hope this information helps.

Good luck. :beerchug:

Hi Jorge. :D Paint/repair costs can vary widely by region. You are in Texas and I am not too familiar with the costs there, so I will give an educated guess compared to the my region of the US.

Everything I reply from here on assumes that the "scratches" are not removable/repairable by wet-sanding/compounding or other do it yourself types of paint repair, and that the bumper must be repainted (only you can determine that).

First, if you are the least bit picky, the job can not be done properly without removing the bumper cover from the car. So the bumper cover will need to be removed from the vehicle and completely repainted. For a proper job, the damaged area should not be spot painted. Assuming there is no damage underneath, then the fog light cover is an inexpensive piece (maybe $20 or less) to replace and can be ordered from the Dealership or any of several online Ford Parts Retailers.

My guesstimate for a complete bumper cover removal, repair and repainting? Approximately $600 (or more) for a good job. Of course, you could go cheap, but as chewydawg stated, "...then what do you have?"

And again, this is just an educated guess on vehicle damages which I have not seen, and taking into account several rear bumper light-scratch repair/repainting estimates for my wife's car after it was rear-ended.

In the end, while I know your time is short, your best bet is to go to a few Collision repair shops for estimates.

Hey, I appreciate your input, first I think I am going to get the plastic fog cover and wait for the complete paint job. I first have to work on my son's birthday then after I will look around when I can. Again, I appreciate your help.