Driver's Side Door Wind Noise

chadrl

Anyone have this issue.

It is very loud on my new Edge Ltd. The passenger side doors are nice and quiet, but the drivers side is very bad. No noise from the roof.

New weatherstripping = no effect

Door adjustment = no effect

The door doesn't match up evenly with the rear driver side door so, hopefully they will replace the front door and that will be the issue.

Has anyone else noticed Window noise?

Anyone have this issue.

It is very loud on my new Edge Ltd. The passenger side doors are nice and quiet, but the drivers side is very bad. No noise from the roof.

New weatherstripping = no effect

Door adjustment = no effect

The door doesn't match up evenly with the rear driver side door so, hopefully they will replace the front door and that will be the issue.

Has anyone else noticed Window noise?

I have also noticed wind noise on the driver's side door when driving my 2010 Edge Limited. It almost sounds like my window is slightly open but I can not find any sign of a gap between the top of the window and weatherstripping. The odd thing is that I don't hear it all the time, typically only when I'm on the highway and only at certain times which I have yet to figure out why. Please let me know if you talk to your dealer and they do switch out the door or perform some other procedure to make it stop - it would be greatly appreciated.

I have also noticed wind noise on the driver's side door when driving my 2010 Edge Limited. It almost sounds like my window is slightly open but I can not find any sign of a gap between the top of the window and weatherstripping. The odd thing is that I don't hear it all the time, typically only when I'm on the highway and only at certain times which I have yet to figure out why. Please let me know if you talk to your dealer and they do switch out the door or perform some other procedure to make it stop - it would be greatly appreciated.

No luck, they say they cant hear the noise. They suggested playing the stereo to cover it up. It is only at highway speeds for me as well. Of course that is all I use mine for.

They are trying to say it is a normal noise now. This is a deal breaker for me.

If this noise really is normal, then this is a very poor quality vehicle considering I have never heard wind noise like this on any vehicle, without the window open anyway.

Edited by chadrl

No luck, they say they cant hear the noise. They suggested playing the stereo to cover it up. It is only at highway speeds for me as well. Of course that is all I use mine for.

They are trying to say it is a normal noise now. This is a deal breaker for me.

If this noise really is normal, then this is a very poor quality vehicle considering I have never heard wind noise like this on any vehicle, without the window open anyway.

Have you noticed on your Edge whether the black trim/pilars between the driver door window and back driver passenger doors are flush with each other? I have noticed that the trim on the back driver passenger door sticks out past the driver's door trim. I believe this is the cause of the window noise. I am actually able to push the trim piece in and it will stick for a little while but it ends on popping back out. I'm going to see whether the dealer can fix this the next time I bring my Edge into the dealer to get it serviced. If your pilar is the same, then this could be the source of your wind noise as well.

My results are just the opposite. I seem to have a wind noise coming from the passenger door area. It is not something that is occurring inside the cabin, it seems like it is something causing a wind noise external to the cabin. I am unable to pin point where the noise is coming from, but do not think it has anything to do with the weather stripping or door alignment.

• 2 weeks later...

I am also having a wind noise issue on the drivers side. It happens at highway speeds (more than 55 mph). There seems to be 2 areas one near the rearview mirror and another at the upper corner of the door near the D column. The noise was not there when I bought the car, after owning it for 6 months the noise has gotten worse. No issue on the passenger side at this point.

I am also having a wind noise issue on the drivers side. It happens at highway speeds (more than 55 mph). There seems to be 2 areas one near the rearview mirror and another at the upper corner of the door near the D column. The noise was not there when I bought the car, after owning it for 6 months the noise has gotten worse. No issue on the passenger side at this point.

After taking mine in 5 times, with 4 road tests so the techs at Ford could hear it as well, the issue was not resolved.

Much to my surprise, they gave me a new Edge Sport. We split the difference in cost.

Now I just need to get this stereo upgraded. I know they are the same stereo, but I swear the one in the Limited sounded better. Any tips on fine tuning the stereo's in these?

• 2 weeks later...

The stereo in the sport is a downgrade of the stereo in the limited. Don't get me wrong, the sport model looks badass, but a similarly priced Limited will have more and better equipment than the sport. I honestly think that buying a limited and then throwing on some 22's would be cheaper. But then again, some people do not care about that.......just the look of the car they are driving off the lot.