Interior LEDS and Ford OEM Remote Starter

KMAN

I replaced all the interior lights with LEDs then I had some paint issues with the doors . It was in the warmer weather so I am not sure if the remoter starter worked since I changed them. I took it in to the dealer because when I would try the remote to start the Edge It will go threw the safety check then it should start, But mine would beep 3 times which means that a door is open. All the doors are close tight. So the Dealer said it was of the LEDs that the dome light bleeds alittle light that the system is reading that as an open door. Do any of you that put LEDs in your interior have that same issue? I the tech disconnected a wire the allows the Edge to start. I told the tech to leave the wire disconnected. early on in the summer when I received my LEDs I noticed the dome light kind of glowed. I asked the ebay seller and what he said was that LEDs require less power and the standard lights alwasy have that little power going threw but need more power to light up.

Any info on this ? when I get my Edge back to today I will take pictures Thanks

No issues here with remote start, not a Ford OEM kit though.

The information given by the seller regarding LEDs is correct, my map lamps slightly glow while off too.

Not sure how a lamp being on or off would make the car/starter think a door is open.

If that were the case, then just turning on a light could defeat the starter lol.

Edited by awake33

• 3 months later...

Could you post some pictures of your LEDs.. I live in middle east and we have very less options here..

if you search here on the topic, you will see MANY threads and pictures and parts numbers and LED interior bulb topics covering everything you could ever want to know. They can just be ordered via eBay or the internet, so getting them should not be an issue for you.

• 6 months later...