Now MKX Owner

S281ETT

Hello everyone,

I just picked up my first MKX. Its a 2007 Black Ultimate Elite with the read heated seats and tow option with 38,000 miles. Got her for $26,500. Seemed like a pretty good deal so we took it. Any quirks or info I should know about the vehicle?

Greetings

Ours is an 08 we’ve had 1 warranty claim.

The left rear shock started making a squawk at about 17K miles, now the right rear is starting to squawk a little at 26K.

There are a couple of upgrades you might want to look at if you are a DIYer.

This one is a no-brainer, but you need to contact Retro because there is a difference between the Edge and MKX.

Be sure to order the 55w system and the color of your choice.

I’m ordering the 5 or 6000k (because we didn’t buy the MKX at Kmart (BLUE light special)) depending on what Retro suggests.

Here’s the link or go to the Group Buys page.

http://www.fordedgeforum.com/index.php?showtopic=2045

The second upgrade is a little controversial, unless you’re 5’5” tall.

We installed the Integrated Blind Spot Mirrors for a 09 Edge because Lincoln didn’t have the blind spot mirror until the 10’s came out.

Here’s the link, there is a lot to read.

http://www.fordedgeforum.com/index.php?sho...lind+spot\

ab

Hello everyone,

I just picked up my first MKX. Its a 2007 Black Ultimate Elite with the read heated seats and tow option with 38,000 miles. Got her for $26,500. Seemed like a pretty good deal so we took it. Any quirks or info I should know about the vehicle?

As mentioned, the visibility with the side mirrors is not the greatest... Turn radius is ok. But other than that it's a great car!

This one is a no-brainer, but you need to contact Retro because there is a difference between the Edge and MKX.

Be sure to order the 55w system and the color of your choice.

I’m ordering the 5 or 6000k (because we didn’t buy the MKX at Kmart (BLUE light special)) depending on what Retro suggests.

Here’s the link or go to the Group Buys page.

http://www.fordedgeforum.com/index.php?showtopic=2045

This is not to be disagreeable but just to pass on my opinion.

I got the HID from Retro and am extremely pleased with the results and their service & help.

I opted for the 35 watt bulbs @ 43000K.

I thought that since the optics for the projectors were meant for halogen bulbs I didnt feel confident that the brighter 55 watt bulbs wouldnt produce unwanted glare from the headlights to oncomming drivers. I have not seen the 55 watt bulbs in action so, I really dont know. They could be fine.....Others here have used 55 watt so maybe you could ask them.

I went with the 4300K color bulbs because they put the most light on the road. Any higher K colors are less lumens and not as bright. I had a Cadillac and started with 6000K bulbs and soon changed to the 4300K and really noticed the difference in the light output.

This is the best modification to the MKX for safety & drivabillity I know of.

Thanks for the input guys. I will look into the HID lights along with the blind spot mirrors. I have only driven the car a couple of times but have to say I really like the ride and comfort. Good to see lincoln is trying to come back strong. Anything weird on general maintenance on the car? Transmission/coolant flush, spark plug, oil changes....

Hello everyone,

Sounds just like mine except mine has 21,000 on it. The only issues I've had is the transmission shifts VERY hard on the fist cold shift. The dealer had it twice & can't duplicate the problem, even though it does it for me every day unless I go very easy on the gas until it shifts.

The other issue was the leather peeling off the steering wheel. They put a new wheel on it.

Did you purchase yours new or slightly used? If used how uch did you get it for? A dealer called me asking if I was interested in a leftover 09. With the X-plan, $2500 rebate, and 0% financing it doesn't seem like a bad deal. My biggest concern is the taxes I paid on the used 07. Can I apply those taxes to the 09 if I trade it in? Sorry, but never done a tradein before. Don't know all the rules/exceptions.

Did you purchase yours new or slightly used? If used how uch did you get it for? A dealer called me asking if I was interested in a leftover 09. With the X-plan, $2500 rebate, and 0% financing it doesn't seem like a bad deal. My biggest concern is the taxes I paid on the used 07. Can I apply those taxes to the 09 if I trade it in? Sorry, but never done a tradein before. Don't know all the rules/exceptions.

Pretty sure that’s going to be state specific.

ab

I got mine new in July 07.