MKX center console lid

My step mom has a MKX and I was checking out the differences between the MKX and Edge interiors and I noticed that her console lid was leather and it appeared to be about the same shape as the Edge, there is a big difference in the design of the consoles but the lid has the same shape (at least on the outside) The MKX has 2 handles and compartments that open the Edge just has one big one. I was checking out EBay and found a MKX lid so I bought it.

I knew the handle was different but didn’t pay attention to the inside shape of the lid (very different) The lid does bolt on but would not fit with the center coin holder and I found that the lid was loose when I closed it, the rubber stops are in a different location, I thought I might be able to remove the cover from the base of the lid but was afraid I was going to brake the tabs that hold it together, I ended up moving the location of the rubber stops and it works fine, I had to leave the chrome handle on the lid, the black one didn’t fit but I like the chrome. The only bad part is that I have to leave out the coin holder.

post-7930-1259807987_thumb.jpg

post-7930-1259808016_thumb.jpg

post-7930-1259808044_thumb.jpg

post-7930-1259808121_thumb.jpg

I also changed out the plastic tray from the MKX because it is larger and holds more. Ford should have done this with the Edge.

hey.. how about a photo of that? That I would like to do as I think that our tray is anemic... photo please? you also scored the tray off eBay?

is this it, it fits?

post-2453-1259862420_thumb.png

if so, I need to go that route BUT I would have to mod it as I would have to make a slot for the LED light I installed in the center console.

consolewide.jpg

Edited by Lex Talionis

I changed out the lid to because I liked the leather look and the padded feel, I also changed out the plastic tray from the MKX because it is larger and holds more. Ford should have done this with the Edge.

cool, did you have to do anything to the MKX tray to get it to fit in the console? The one in my step mom's had a extra lever that sticks out, I haven't looked at any newer ones to see if they look different, she has a 07.

cool, did you have to do anything to the MKX tray to get it to fit in the console? The one in my step mom's had a extra lever that sticks out, I haven't looked at any newer ones to see if they look different, she has a 07.

Under the front lip and on the side their is some plastic that has to be cut or filed away. The only thing that is wrong is the location of the notch, the notch in the tray does not match up to the notch in the console of the Edge. But you can't tell when the lid is closed. I also used the chrome catch from the MKX lid, the chrome goes with the rest of the chrome on the console. Why Ford would use two different designs for the console is anybodies quess.

post-4593-1259941885_thumb.jpg

post-4593-1259941913_thumb.jpg

post-4593-1259941935_thumb.jpg

Under the front lip and on the side their is some plastic that has to be cut or filed away. The only thing that is wrong is the location of the notch, the notch in the tray does not match up to the notch in the console of the Edge. But you can't tell when the lid is closed. I also used the chrome catch from the MKX lid, the chrome goes with the rest of the chrome on the console. Why Ford would use two different designs for the console is anybodies quess.

where did you score the tray?

nice job :rockon: thanks for the pics too. I will have to check into getting the tray.

away way to get an MKX lid with the matching stitching as in the Edge seats

I don't know if there is one with the white stitching, that is the only thing that bugs me about the lid.