My cote for my car is 42700$ tx in for this configuration:

Edge 2010 FWD

Cargo package

Rubber floor mats

Black roof side rails

Class II trailer tow

Nav system

Thanks everyone...

Hi controleur. :D Sorry, but you have not included enough information for any sort of accurate answer.

For example:

1 - What model (SE, SEL, Limited)? I am assuming SE by the pricing and option features you list, but do not want to guess.

2 - How much Incentive or Rebate cash are you eligible for and/or is included in that price?

3 - What is the duration and APR rate of your loan (if you are financing). Dealers will often give a slightly low vehicle price, knowing they will more than make it up with a ridiculously high APR finance rate.

3 - When you state "tax in", does that mean that price already includes tax and all other fees and charges?

4 - If yes, we need to know the cost of the vehicle before tax and other Canadian Motor Vehicle type fees. Otherwise, we have to guess at what your tax rate is to deduct it from the price.

5 - Does that price include all "Dealer added fees", such as "Documentation", "Computer Usage", "Delivery Charges", etc. etc.

6 - If yes, we need to know the vehicle price without the Dealer added fees, and the type and amounts of the fees summarized separately.

7 - If not, we need to know the type and amount of all those Dealer added fees. Again, Dealers will sometimes offer a slightly low vehicle price, but more than make up for it with ridiculous added fees and charges.

These are just some of the important bits of information that are missing for an accurate answer. Any answer without that information is no better than a good/no good coin flip.

And by the away, this is the second or third time I have seen someone use the term "cote". What is that an acronym for (Cost of Transaction -----???)?

Good luck. :beerchug:

Edited by bbf2530

Thanks BBF2530,

Ok, I should had been more accurate:

The model is a Ford EDGE Limited, there's no cash rebate for the moment in Canada, I have the 0% 60 month financing and 0$ first payment. In the price of 42700$ (711$/month) I'm paying everything, taxes, tranportation and all fees. So price is 37855 with administration fees and transportation. Now I'm sorry, when I shop for a new car, the only thing important to me is my payment per month for the same options. Does anynone know if there will be great deal comming in january....

Thanks again

Edited by controleur2001

Thanks BBF2530,

Ok, I should had been more accurate:

The model is a Ford EDGE Limited, there's no cash rebate for the moment in Canada, I have the 0% 60 month financing and 0$ first payment. In the price of 42700$ (711$/month) I'm paying everything, taxes, tranportation and all fees. So price is 37855 with administration fees and transportation. Now I'm sorry, when I shop for a new car, the only thing important to me is my payment per month for the same options. Does anynone know if there will be great deal comming in january....

Thanks again

Hi controleur. :D So if I understand correctly, you are paying $37,855 for the vehicle and all Dealer added fees? Then $4,845 in Government/State/Provincial taxes. For a total of $42,700? Is that correct?

If it is, then it would seem you are getting a good price. Here is why I say that:

When I work up the price of an FWD Edge Limited with the options you list above, I get an MSRP of approximately $42,237 (not 100% sure, because there are several "Cargo Organizers" of differing price, so I took the most expensive one at $188). Also, keep in mind that $42,237 price does not include destination (according to the Ford of Canada website).

So doing some backwards math: Subtract the $4,845 in taxes you are paying, and you are getting a $42,237 MSRP vehicle for $37,392. Including all Dealer added fees and charges.

Of course, this assumes I understood your last reply correctly and that my math is relatively accurate.

So for what it is worth, it seems you are getting a pretty darn good price.

As far as what deals there may be in January, no one ever really has any reliable advance knowledge concerning Incentives. Ford keeps that information well protected until it is time.

Also, I would still like to know what the APR rate is on the loan, to be sure they are not making back some of that good price by ripping you on the loan.

Good luck. :beerchug:

Edited by bbf2530

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi need to know if I'm getting a good price on a 2010 Edge limited

My cote for my car is 42700$ tx in for this configuration:

Edge 2010 FWD

Cargo package

Rubber floor mats

Black roof side rails

Class II trailer tow

Nav system

Thanks everyone...

I got mine for $42,900 on the road taxes in.

2010 Edge Limited AWD

20 inch wheels

Nav

Vista Roof

Rubbers

I got $3000.00 for my trade in.

• 3 months later...

Just ordered mine 2010 SE (black on black) for $24,282 + tax (CDN)

I could use more options but SE has all I need (I can live with) but price was main factor (had to fit the budget:-()

So between used SEL or limited or brand new 2010 decission was easy to make