Future of the MKX

ablb

Will there be a 2011 MKX?

I can’t see Lincoln continuing the MKX with the MKT setting beside it.

ab

No way. MKT is much larger and has 3 rows of seating. MKT is built off the Flex platform while MKX is built off the Edge platform. MKX only has 2 rows of seats. MKT and Flex have the EB 3.5L engine, MKX and Edge don't (yet).

2 different sizes.

The MKT & MKX live in two different worlds. The are far apart in price, size & equiptment. The only real issue with the MKX is that it shares the same engine with the Edge. It seems that Lincoln is putting less emphasis on marketing the MKX these days. That's probably because its starting to fall behind its competition.

The MKT & MKX live in two different worlds. The are far apart in price, size & equiptment. The only real issue with the MKX is that it shares the same engine with the Edge. It seems that Lincoln is putting less emphasis on marketing the MKX these days. That's probably because its starting to fall behind its competition.

Not too sure about different worlds, different time Yes.

If the MKT had been available in 08 … maybe we would be on the MKT forum??

6K$'s difference is not out of sight we’ll be looking in a couple of yrs if not sooner.

Haven't seen any 3rd row seating worth ANYTHING except to Soccer Moms, USELESS for traveling!

ab

I looked at the CX-9 when I was shopping because of the third row. Scary. It is up against the back window and tiny. In a crash I cannot imagine what would happen, especially if rear ended.

Speaking of competition for the MKX, anyone notice how much the new Cadillac SRX looks like an Edge? The profile is so close at first glance.

I looked at the CX-9 when I was shopping because of the third row. Scary. It is up against the back window and tiny. In a crash I cannot imagine what would happen, especially if rear ended.

Speaking of competition for the MKX, anyone notice how much the new Cadillac SRX looks like an Edge? The profile is so close at first glance.

Saw a new SRX in a parking lot and that was the first thing I said - very close to the Edge.

Saw a new SRX in a parking lot and that was the first thing I said - very close to the Edge.

With a big fat stinky price tag. When I bought my Edge I had owned GM my whole life and was disgusted with their lack of new design, I could not get my mind off of the Edge. So I made the switch.

Last week we got snow and icy rain here and my Edge did well. I came up on a Cadillac. Not sure if the guy was being cautious or what, but it did not seem to be great in the snow. Maybe it was not equipped with AWD. Car was already too expensive maybe. :)

With a big fat stinky price tag. When I bought my Edge I had owned GM my whole life and was disgusted with their lack of new design, I could not get my mind off of the Edge. So I made the switch.

Last week we got snow and icy rain here and my Edge did well. I came up on a Cadillac. Not sure if the guy was being cautious or what, but it did not seem to be great in the snow. Maybe it was not equipped with AWD. Car was already too expensive maybe. :)

I've owned two GM's, one was a bigger POS than the other. BTW, had the Edge out Sunday morning and hit some black ice on a curve, car straightened itself out beautifully. BMW coming the opposite direction was at an absolute crawl just trying to get through the curve.

Funny you say that because I had originally ordered an AWD SRX which would have cost me $10k more by the time everything was said and done.

I could not justify spending that much more for basically the same car.

The SRX has the same hp as the Edge and puts out 27 LESS ft/lbs torque than the Edge.

Also I wasn't a fan of the pop-up NAV system. I thought for sure this would be one of the first things to malfunction.

I'm glad I made the right choice in buying an Edge. :yup: