LPG conversion

FLYBOY231

Hi,

Did anyone change his Ford Edge into LPG?

For me, driving on Belgian roads, it would make a hell of a difference.

One third of the price of normal gasoline.

I am interested in what type of LPG / LPI is used in your car and ofcourse how long you have had it and wether there are any problems with it.

Thanks

A.

hi,

i still know that you already asked me about it, but i want to answer here in your thread again anyway.

Guess you won`t get any further answer here, because the most of the members here are from USA and Canada.

There LPG isnt playing any role yet on the continent of North America.

Members from Europe are here only just a few people.

As i already told you i would like to insert a LPG-System, too. But the costs for that operation are blowing my financial reserves at the moment.

Just when that is changing i will do it.

After some investigation i am quite sure that the Duratec 35 will easily take an LPG-system in long term without big problems.

Cant imagine that this engine will have problems like some european Ford-Models with the Zetec-Engines for example.

Here in Germany some Mondeos with Duratec 25 and 30 Engine with LPG are driven without heavy disadvantages...some with and some without flashlube.

At last i would say you can the LPG insertion be made without any sorrows.

Actual i had some reccommendations for STAG 300 and Vialle-Systems. Costs here in Germany are between 2500,- and 3000,- EUR, when it has to be quite serious.

Greets again

Marc

Edited by Marccom

Guess you won`t get any further answer here, because the most of the members here are from USA and Canada.

That's correct. LPG is only used in a very small number of commercial fleets. I think Ford sold a few LPG powered Rangers.

LPG in the states is usually limited to home heating and bbq grills.

Edited by akirby

hi,

i still know that you already asked me about it, but i want to answer here in your thread again anyway.

Members from Europe are here only just a few people.

As i already told you i would like to insert a LPG-System, too. But the costs for that operation are blowing my financial reserves at the moment.

Just when that is changing i will do it.

After some investigation i am quite sure that the Duratec 35 will easily take an LPG-system in long term without big problems.

Cant imagine that this engine will have problems like some european Ford-Models with the Zetec-Engines for example.

Here in Germany some Mondeos with Duratec 25 and 30 Engine with LPG are driven without heavy disadvantages...some with and some without flashlube.

At last i would say you can the LPG insertion be made without any sorrows.

Actual i had some reccommendations for STAG 300 and Vialle-Systems. Costs here in Germany are between 2500,- and 3000,- EUR, when it has to be quite serious.

Greets again

Marc

Well, thanks a lot for the answers.

Any other forums that you can advise me to check before making the decision?

Greetz

Well, thanks a lot for the answers.

Any other forums that you can advise me to check before making the decision?

Greetz

Hi,

actually i see two problems for that...no matter in which forum you will ask:

When you will ask what kind of LPG System is recommendable you will get 10 answers with 15 opinions.

One has good experiences with Prins and bad with BRC.

With the next it is vice versa and one another has a friend with STAG and the friend of the neighbors dog has a turini, but would recommend Vialle. and so on.

No one is knowing the Edge and its engine and is really sure if the engine would work fine with LPG.

If it would need flashlube or not. Is a dynamically Gas and LPG mixing system better...yes or no....and so on.

Here in Germany is a quite well known website for calculating car driving costs named www.spritmonitor.de.

It actually has 220.000 registered vehicles and 180.000 Users. Many with LPG, too. There is not even one single Edge or other car with Duratec 35 with LPG. Only one Edge with normal Gas-Engine: Mine.

So it is quite difficult to get a usable opinion if it is a good idea to get a LPG system inserted in the Edge and when yes...which one.

The only way is to phone different shops to get many different offers. Then a mix of heart, head and price have to make a decision and after some weeks or month you will know if the decision was right.

Greets

Marc

Edited by Marccom

• 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...

For the record, a few years later, I've used LPG on my SEL '07 for 3 years now - and it works great. Consumption is marginally greater, power marginally lower, but all in all it's great for day to day use.

Same to me, for 20.000 km now here in Germany.

Prins LPG System with flashlube in a 2012 3.5 Edge Limited. Got an average of 13 l/100Km (LPG) with lots of Autobahn driving in all conditions.

I´ll tune it at "Peter Schropp" in spring

1. to get rid of the governor (I really hate the brake-parachute at 178 Km/h while chasing Audis and BMW on the Autobahn :shades: )

2. to optimze the AT

3. to get some more hp and torque out of that thing

Peter Schropp is the man for US-cars here in Germany. He´s also the contact person for SCT flashers in Germany. He already supported me with a flasher for my 2011 5.0.

Cheers from Germany

Dennis