Edge sport in the UK

sladeyboy

Welcome Neil, a lot of good stuff on this forum - I read more than I write!

I live part time in US ( but more of the year in UK) and have had my Edge here for more than 2 yrs - bought it new.

Are you personally importing your Edge or is it now possible to buy one in UK?

I have thought about taking mine to UK but made no plan yet.

Cheers, Andy

• 2 weeks later...

I am looking to return to Europe with my Ford Edge next year, what modifications are required i.e. lights and rear brake lights and double as indicators.

If you are looking to make it legal in the UK then you should get the rear light assemblies from Ford Brazil, Edges in Brazil have the yellow rear turn signals like the UK.

Or you maybe able to get an exemption from Type Approval on the basis it is a used vehicle used abroad for a certain period of time.

If you are looking to make it legal in the UK then you should get the rear light assemblies from Ford Brazil, Edges in Brazil have the yellow rear turn signals like the UK.

Or you maybe able to get an exemption from Type Approval on the basis it is a used vehicle used abroad for a certain period of time.

Off topic, but Neil (sladeyboy) didn't get back yet.

Good info, Tanjima about the back lights from Brazil. Do you know if the drivers door mirror is flat or convex on the Brazil spec cars? And if it's convex, do you know the part number?

Cheers, Andy

• 3 months later...

Sorry guys for not getting back on this. Had car about 2 weeks now and love it. Went for the silver one in the end and so glad i added the 22" rims. Looks awesome. Anybody here added anything on theirs to make it sound more beefy. I had a 2003 f150 harley davidson before this and i'm used to the great sound of that ( i know its a completely different engine but i do miss it!) Just wondered if anybody had added anything to give it more umph!

Also I only ordered the normal stereo not the sat nav as it was a lot of $ to add and the sat nav would not work here. Ive seen a few of the sat nav models on Ebay for about $500 would this be a simple job of swapping over?. Also the guy said he could get a uk map disk for me. Does this sound right? Dont want to end up with this and not be able to use it.

Thanks guys. Ill post some pics when i get time

• 2 weeks later...