Where to find head and tail light blackout covers

Hey guys, I just bought a Ford Edge the other day. I got it in grey, and I'm looking to black out the head lights and tail lights. The only things I have seen available for this is the overlay film, which I'm not really interested in. If you guys could post a link that would be awesome. Thanks.

Instead of useing overlay film, I would avoid useing the nite shades spray cause if you dont like it you cant remove it. I would go with Vinyl, like what they use for decals. They sell it in all colors on ebay. They are transparent and you can see though them. I acually got the red and did my tail lights all red cause I am not a big fan of the euro tail lights. Its super easy to install and if you decide to ditch it just peel it off like a sticker. I have a friend that has had it on his headlights and tails for 5 years now with no problems. Protects them too. Just look for headlight or tail light vinyl.

Blackout covers?

I haven't heard that since 1995. Holy flashback Batman!

Please don't put those on your Edge.

Really? They have these for a lot of cars. It looks the same as the vinyl and spray only its removable by velcro and sometimes 3m tape. Lots of people on this site have the blacked out look, I like it. To each is own though. The vinyl is an ok option but the only kind I have seen have either been too dark or too light. Maybe I'll go with the spray, anyone ever use it? I've heard good things from the mustang community about it.

Instead of useing overlay film, I would avoid useing the nite shades spray cause if you dont like it you cant remove it. I would go with Vinyl, like what they use for decals. They sell it in all colors on ebay. They are transparent and you can see though them. I acually got the red and did my tail lights all red cause I am not a big fan of the euro tail lights. Its super easy to install and if you decide to ditch it just peel it off like a sticker. I have a friend that has had it on his headlights and tails for 5 years now with no problems. Protects them too. Just look for headlight or tail light vinyl.

Hey thanks for the input. I actually have the vinyl blackout on my mustang and its great because when you turn your lights on at night you can't even tell you have them on. Its just a question of finding the right tint. Have a link by any chance?

Careful about putting tint on front headlights. Some states may consider it a violation linking it to Laser Jamming. Basically the police will aim the Laser beam towards something reflective [i.e. headlights] Hence, if you have something which effects the reflectiveness of the headlights, you may be sighted for violation of Laser Jamming. Not saying that you will be sighted, but its possible.

• 4 months later...