Cabin Air Filter for 07 Edge

Greetings and a late welcome

Here are a couple of links, the second is very detailed with pictures.

http://www.fordedgeforum.com/index.php?/topic/675-cabin-air-filter-possible-to-add/page__p__4340__fromsearch__1entry4340

http://www.fordedgeforum.com/index.php?/topic/2967-cabin-air-filter-location/

I changed ours in Dec., it's a very easy DIY. BUT you have to get it at a Ford dealer.

ab

Thanks but can someone please tell me how to remove the glove box door. I don't have a string. I can press in the sides of the storage box to allow the top tabs to clear the side frame but the bottom remains hung up on something even after releasing the right hand bottom tab. Is there another tab to release like the one on the right?

Thanks but can someone please tell me how to remove the glove box door. I don't have a string. I can press in the sides of the storage box to allow the top tabs to clear the side frame but the bottom remains hung up on something even after releasing the right hand bottom tab. Is there another tab to release like the one on the right?

I have an MKX, but I believe the door removes the same way. After squeezing the sides & the tabs on both sides are clear, wiggle the door while pulling upwards. I believe there are 3 tabs at the bottom. On the MKX, the door removes completely. I saw someone mention in anothe post that the Edge has a string on 1 side & the door hangs from the string after removing it from the bottom tabs. I've replaced my filter twice.

After pinching in the sides to allow the top of the box to pivot outwards, give a good yank upwards and outwards on both sides of the glovebox. This will pop the door off of the bottom pivots. I then let mine hang from the string.

Dan

Yup, it doesn't feel right to do it but the hard "yank" does get the glovebox loose. Takes an elastic neck to look down and under to get it lined back up to "pop" it back in.

Thanks. Interestingly, after some further research, the cabin filter part number that was noted on a couple of the responses (Motocraft FP65) is not even called that. If you look it up on the Ford parts website, it's actually called a "Heater Housing Filter". Which is probably why when I went to a couple national parts stores/web sites, they said the Edge does not have a "cabin air filter". I appreciate the feedback from thoses that have replaced the filter already. One last question, did you notice that the stale smell you get when you first turn on the heat or ac goes away after replacement?

Thanks. Interestingly, after some further research, the cabin filter part number that was noted on a couple of the responses (Motocraft FP65) is not even called that. If you look it up on the Ford parts website, it's actually called a "Heater Housing Filter". Which is probably why when I went to a couple national parts stores/web sites, they said the Edge does not have a "cabin air filter". I appreciate the feedback from thoses that have replaced the filter already. One last question, did you notice that the stale smell you get when you first turn on the heat or ac goes away after replacement?

Didn't notice any stale smell in ours but the filter was pretty filthy and clogged with lots of dust, bug wings, leaf fragments, etc. I doubt if it had ever been changed when we picked ours up at 28K miles. If the filter were allowed to somehow get damp I can see how it could create a musty/stale smell. I plan to change it about every 6 months from now on after seeing how much stuff gets stuck in it and we all know that the Edge/MKX can use all the help it can get when it comes to airflow through the HVAC system.

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

I have an MKX, but I believe the door removes the same way. After squeezing the sides & the tabs on both sides are clear, wiggle the door while pulling upwards. I believe there are 3 tabs at the bottom. On the MKX, the door removes completely. I saw someone mention in anothe post that the Edge has a string on 1 side & the door hangs from the string after removing it from the bottom tabs. I've replaced my filter twice.

I have removed the glove box on my MKX. How do i get the filter door open?

Any advice wil be helpful