part number for 2010 ford edge remote starter kit -with 1 button fob

pfarrp

a couple questions.

just got my 2010 edge awd with nav ..looking for the part number and best place to buy the oem remote starter kit complete..would anyone know that number??

Also, could someone tell me how difficult this kit is to install? do wires need to be cut and spliced, or does everything plug right in to the original harnesses..

Thanks

Peter

• 2 weeks later...

a couple questions.

just got my 2010 edge awd with nav ..looking for the part number and best place to buy the oem remote starter kit complete..would anyone know that number??

Also, could someone tell me how difficult this kit is to install? do wires need to be cut and spliced, or does everything plug right in to the original harnesses..

Thanks

Peter

Just a FYI, If u do the install yourself or u have a non-ford certified dealer/person do it, u loose ur vehicle warranty. Also i had the remote starter installed by the dealer and they charged about $350.

THis will NOT void the warranty there is a law stating this (magnusson-moss act). They will tell you this to get the business. If a DIRECT problem occurs due to the remote start then thwy may not cover it. There is no difference between a ford tech installing it and yourself besides that he may know the vehicle more.

I have been in the professional installation business for over 10 years. As soon as the dealership throws the warranty thing out there, they alwasy get shot down when i would send a customer in there with the act printed out.

IMO go aftermarket. You will be much happier with the range. I have heard of people not getting any range at all with the factory style ones.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnuson%E2%80%93Moss_Warranty_Act

Edited by baum

THis will NOT void the warranty there is a law stating this (magnusson-moss act). They will tell you this to get the business. If a DIRECT problem occurs due to the remote start then thwy may not cover it. There is no difference between a ford tech installing it and yourself besides that he may know the vehicle more.

I have been in the professional installation business for over 10 years. As soon as the dealership throws the warranty thing out there, they alwasy get shot down when i would send a customer in there with the act printed out.

IMO go aftermarket. You will be much happier with the range. I have heard of people not getting any range at all with the factory style ones.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnuson%E2%80%93Moss_Warranty_Act

,... don't get me started on their stupid "safety" features. For example - you remote start the vehicle, car is running, walk to the car, open the door and voila - car turns off!!!! This is a safety feature and by the research I've done you might be able to disable that but you end up disabling other features. Also if you do disable it - once you put the key in the ignition it kills the engine anyways! So bottom line - if I remote start my car 10x's day - now b/c of my remote stater, it becomes 20x's. <rant over>

I did get the dealer installed Ford remote starter - $400 b/c I was scared of the warranty thing - I'm not up for the fight.

Haven't tested range yet but in my experiance with other aftermarket remote starters vs OEM remotes - aftermarket always wins with range.

Also - stay away from Compustar if you don't like pressing and holding lock/unlock/remote start functions

a couple questions.

Thanks

Peter

Believe the part # is 19G364 for the kit and you should be able to purchase it from any Ford Dealer [i Think]