2010 Edge Creaks and Cracks

mccolganr

Sorry it's not Ice on the Glass. It was +10 C here today, and it still did it. It just does it more when it's cold and does it louder.

Ā 

This is my first Ford vehicle, I can't imagine they all creak and crack like this. It does it at low speeds on minor road cracks.

Ā 

I've had it in once to the dealer and they said they re-attached and secured the "vista connectore in the head liner??" . It didn't help.

• 2 months later...

my '08 has never been an issue. the only creak that I have that sucks is the gear selector. I tend to set my hand on it and all that plastic, it creaks under my hand. annoying. sounds and feels cheap.

Hello , you may have someone ride with you and apply presure with hand to areas where you think the noise is coming from and see if you can make the creak noise stop , look for a empty parking lot with speed bumps and see if you hear the noise when driving over it if so then put your back seat monkey to work and continue to drive over the speed bump appling presure in areas where you think it is coming from. use a person with perfect hearing in BOTH ears to be the monkey.also besure all rubber parts are sprayed with a silcone lube , glass and dry rubber can make all sort of noises. wish you luck.