Buzzer sound from rear right end

killermaze

X3. I can't duplicate it with any consistancy.

Seems like normal non-agressive accelerating from a dead stop prior to hitting 25mph.

A short vhhhmpt noise then nothing.

Ok, I thought I was the only one... What year do you guys have and have you guys taken it to the dealer?

2008 and no. Unless it is happening at the moment they won't fix it. Getting a loaner when I had the seals replaced last week proved to be exhausting so the less I have it in the better. If it breaks then in it goes. I have not ruled out humming from the speakers or some other part of the audio/sync.

Definitely not audio related for us.

We have a 2007 AWD SEL.

It may be accelerating from a dead stop on a slight incline with a north wind after a cavs loss... but we just can’t seem to duplicate it when needed.

I have to agree ..we own 07 models no sync on that model. This so stupid....Just hope this don't lead to bigger issues.

• 2 weeks later...

No it's not a high pitch..it sounds more like a buzzer and directly coming from the rear of the vehicle...

When I shut off the engine, turn the ignition to the accessory position and turn on the Premium head unit with volume all the way down to zero, I can hear what sounds similiar to a small computer fan motor with a bad bearing coming directly from the subwoofer speaker. It also sounds sort of like what a needle playing a vinyl LP record sounds like at the end of a side. Hard to describe and also difficult to diagnose just by listening. Strange. Perhaps its a subwoofer amp going bad or some type of electrical interference getting into the audio. But it is constant and only noticeable with the volume turned down to zero.

Look for a loose heat shield on the exhaust pipe as it passes near the rear differential. One of the welds may have cracked and, if it happens the way it did on mine, it won't do it all the time at first and it may not be obvious that it is cracked. Put a hose clamp on it and see if the buzz goes away.

• 5 months later...

When I shut off the engine, turn the ignition to the accessory position and turn on the Premium head unit with volume all the way down to zero, I can hear what sounds similiar to a small computer fan motor with a bad bearing coming directly from the subwoofer speaker. It also sounds sort of like what a needle playing a vinyl LP record sounds like at the end of a side. Hard to describe and also difficult to diagnose just by listening. Strange. Perhaps its a subwoofer amp going bad or some type of electrical interference getting into the audio. But it is constant and only noticeable with the volume turned down to zero.

Hello Tribby we just purchased a 2010 ford edge limited with premium II sound system and are experiencing exactly the same thing. I find it extremely irritating. Our service advisor said he called the ford hotline about it and was told it was normal. I hope not. I hope it can be fixed.

The same problem posted and replied to by JohnLad , dbuettner and probe and Tribby2001..

Edited by JohnLad