Ford Edge 2nd Row Head-Sets

Radmanna

There is apparently a considerable rear-view loss in the Ford Edge, as far as using the rear-view mirror to see past the three head-rests on the 2nd row seats.

* Are there any legal issues about removing at least the middle head-rest, if not all three of them, to provide better vision for the driver?

* Would it be difficult to remove the 2nd row head-rests?

* Would it be difficult to re-install them?

The vehicle I purchase would only be carrying me and my wife, 99 percent of the time. Comments about pros/cons of removing the head-rests would be appreciated. Thanks.

There is apparently a considerable rear-view loss in the Ford Edge, as far as using the rear-view mirror to see past the three head-rests on the 2nd row seats.

* Are there any legal issues about removing at least the middle head-rest, if not all three of them, to provide better vision for the driver?

* Would it be difficult to remove the 2nd row head-rests?

* Would it be difficult to re-install them?

The vehicle I purchase would only be carrying me and my wife, 99 percent of the time. Comments about pros/cons of removing the head-rests would be appreciated. Thanks.

Hi Radmanna. :D Legally, you can remove them if you like. The only legal ramifications would be if you had rear seat passengers with the headrests removed and you were involved in an accident, Obviously they could then sue you for injuries caused by the removal. But if you reinstall them when you have rear seat passengers that would not be a concern.

They are easy to remove and easy to reinstall.

Personally I would leave them in, as in reality, unless the driver is very short they do not block much other than interior view (more of an optical illusion than anything else), but the decision is up to you.

Good luck. :beerchug:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have a problem with them as well. My fix is just to put the back seat center arm rest DOWN. That removes the center head rest from blocking the view. The two side ones are not that big of a deal.

On the other hand you could remove them and just store them in the back. If you have a passenger back there then reinstall them. Not that hard to do. Would take all of 2 seconds. That way your passengers are safe.