Winter Rims & Rubber needed for Edge - Toronto

Van G

Do you have winter rims and rubber for you Edge?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Do you have winter rims and rubber for you Edge?

Put our money down on an 2010 Edge Limited AWD. In the past I've always gone with winter wheels but this is our first CUV or AWD vehicle.

We live in downtown Toronto and travel outside of the city a fair amount. As you probably know, winter tires do a better job than all-seasons even if their isn't a lot of snow on the ground.

Did you get a winter wheel package for your Edge?

Put our money down on an 2010 Edge Limited AWD. In the past I've always gone with winter wheels but this is our first CUV or AWD vehicle.

We live in downtown Toronto and travel outside of the city a fair amount. As you probably know, winter tires do a better job than all-seasons even if their isn't a lot of snow on the ground.

I have a 2008 AWD LTD Edge and like you live in the Toronto area. My work takes me basically from London to the west, Kingston to the east and Sault St. Marie to the north. Most of the time I can adjust my travel to miss really major storms. I currently have the factory installed Pierelli Scorpion tires with 20" rims and have not had any problems. This past New Years weekend you may recall they closed HWY 26 thru Stayner to Barrie due to drifting snow and ice. I made my way home on the back roads and had no problems. Oh yea by the way I had about 72K kilometres (43K miles) on the tires. To boot the AWD only came on when I intentionally stepped on the gas harder.

To those who are not familiar, the area I'm talking it about is commonly referred to the snow belt area of Ontario. When it comes time for new tires on my Edge I'm planning to stay wuth the Scorpions. Besides, we will be soon planting palm trees due to global warming in Toronto. Hope this helps. Congratulations on your purchase of the Edge. :shades:

I live in Montreal and I got the Pirelly Scorpions as well and they deliver on ice and snow... I had them already last year when we had a ton more snow than now. I got them for a good deal at 1010tires.com (This shop is in BC, so no customs or brooker fee)

I hope that helped :)

just got some winter wheels and tires form tirerack wheels are sport edition f2 - 17" and bridgestone blizzaks dm-v1 245/65/17 shipped to my door for a great price even with duties ,shipping ,broker fees ,etc,, way cheaper than my local tire guy they even mount & balance them, they also give you new lug nuts, wrench socket for wheels, centering rings and center caps,, i saved over $400.

I have a 2008 AWD LTD Edge and like you live in the Toronto area. My work takes me basically from London to the west, Kingston to the east and Sault St. Marie to the north. Most of the time I can adjust my travel to miss really major storms. I currently have the factory installed Pierelli Scorpion tires with 20" rims and have not had any problems. This past New Years weekend you may recall they closed HWY 26 thru Stayner to Barrie due to drifting snow and ice. I made my way home on the back roads and had no problems. Oh yea by the way I had about 72K kilometres (43K miles) on the tires. To boot the AWD only came on when I intentionally stepped on the gas harder.

To those who are not familiar, the area I'm talking it about is commonly referred to the snow belt area of Ontario. When it comes time for new tires on my Edge I'm planning to stay wuth the Scorpions. Besides, we will be soon planting palm trees due to global warming in Toronto. Hope this helps. Congratulations on your purchase of the Edge. :shades:

I've got a set of Nokia Hakaapoliitta tires on my 2010 Sport for the winter months. Safety is a concern so accelerating is important after steering and braking, with the shorter stopping distances and better lateral control the tires are worth every dollar.

Looks like a split decision!

My thoughts were to get my dealer to give me a credit on the 18" OEM wheel package and then put my own 20" wheels for 3 season and 18" black steel rims for the winter.

Haven't shopped around extensively but first impressions, it looks like $2K just for the 20" wheel package!