Courtesy Wipe

08Pumpkin

Hey Everyone,

Does anyone know if you can change a setting to stop the windshield courtesy wipe after you spray washer fluid on the window?

In case you don't know, it's when the you spray washer fluid, the wipers wipe 3 times and then stop. After about 3 seconds it wipes again. I hate this feature and want it to quit.

If anyone can help me out that would be great.

Thanks.

Hey Everyone,

Does anyone know if you can change a setting to stop the windshield courtesy wipe after you spray washer fluid on the window?

In case you don't know, it's when the you spray washer fluid, the wipers wipe 3 times and then stop. After about 3 seconds it wipes again. I hate this feature and want it to quit.

Thanks.

Hi 08Pumpkin. :D No. There is no owner-configurable (nor Dealer-configurable) programming to enable/disable the feature.

Good luck. :beerchug:

Edited by bbf2530

Hey Everyone,

Thanks.

Greetings and welcome

“I hate this feature and want it to quit.”

This is # 2 on my short list of things that need to be changed!

ab

• 3 years later...

hey all, I don't know if your edge has the choice on the programmable portion of the steering wheel. if you choose with the left arrows on the steering wheel, vehicle settings, scroll to wipers you will find courtesy wipe on / off. simply choose off then hit ok. I have a 2013 edge limited with sync voice command. don't know if u have the same, well, at least the heard the people and did something to give u a bit more control. had my car for 2 months before I even found the option control. hope this helps.