My 2010 Edge is a Lemon

blizzard2010

I feel for you all! I just keep saying,,,one more time,,,one more time,,,one more time,,,, I said that since 200 mi after I bought,,,,so,,,one more time,that's it ! I wish I didnt love my car so much.....But I will start the arbratration next time, I just want a car replaced just like mine with no problems!

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone had any experience with the Lemon Laws and the 2010 Edge? I have a 4 month old Edge Ltd with 3000 miles. It has been in the shop 6 times. I spent 3 mornings at the service dept, and lost it another 3 times with a total of 26 days out of service where they provided a loaner vehicle. The main problem is the rattling noise from the sunroof. They have tried to fix it 5 times. They know it is an issue, but Ford stopped replacing sunroofs a while back, and now try to find fixes. They have tried lubing parts, and found unpadded dowels, but it is still rattling away. Now, they say that they will not replace the roof, or work on it anymore. They said to come pick it up, or I will be charged for the loaner. Basically, deal with it. Also, it has been in on these visits for a Tire Pressure Sensor fault ( happened 3 hours after I picked it up), Iphone incompatibilty ( their website said it was compatible), the transmission was slipping and slamming me from behind, all 4 brake rotors had to be recut at 2600 miles (pads were fine and they said it happens), the door latch had to be adjusted, the USB port failed and needed repair, the memory seats are losing their memory and the GPS/Sync is having problems (location errors, weather update not connecting and an icon saying NoGPS on the screen, even though it is tracking). As they will no longer work on the roof, which they have confirmed and documented has a problem, are they not in violation of the warranty? They could replace the sunroof and fix the problem, but just don't want to spend the money. So, go away. The service tech who notified me said that Ford states the problems are "characteristic" of the vehicle. What does that mean? I notified a lemon law attorney and also just sent off the required paperwork for NY State Attny Gen New Car Lemon Law Arbitration, as they have left me no choice. I don't trust this vehicle. If all these systems are failing, how can i assume it won't brake down at a dangerous time or possibly cause an accident. Again, anyone else have all these problems, and how did you deal with it? Thank you

Ā 

ME TOOOOOOO!!

WOW I also have a 2010 Edge and have the Sunroof issue. It's back at the dealers today for the 5th time. Last time they replcaed the entire roof liner. Issue still not solved. The dealer said they've never expirienced this issue. It's extremely anoying and I absolutely HATE my Edge because of it. Please let me know if you get yours fixed! I'm in Canada.

ME TOOOOOOO!!

WOW I also have a 2010 Edge and have the Sunroof issue. It's back at the dealers today for the 5th time. Last time they replcaed the entire roof liner. Issue still not solved. The dealer said they've never expirienced this issue. It's extremely anoying and I absolutely HATE my Edge because of it. Please let me know if you get yours fixed! I'm in Canada.

I had an "annoying rattle in the rear that I was sure was the Vista Roof. Short story was I opened up the spare tire compartmnet and found the lug not holding the spare was loose and rattled. Tightened it and surprisingly never heard the Vista Roof "rattle" again. What the heck...give it a shot.

I had an "annoying rattle in the rear that I was sure was the Vista Roof. Short story was I opened up the spare tire compartmnet and found the lug not holding the spare was loose and rattled. Tightened it and surprisingly never heard the Vista Roof "rattle" again. What the heck...give it a shot.

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Nah, this is confirmed by everyone as coming from the right rear portion of the front sunroof. I hold my Iphone up to the glass and make recordings LOL

Nah, this is confirmed by everyone as coming from the right rear portion of the front sunroof. I hold my Iphone up to the glass and make recordings LOL

Ā 

Same with mine..rear right corner area of the Vista roof. Please let me know if you get it fixed and I'll do the same.

Mine was coming from the right rear part of the front glass sunroof. The colder it was, the more it happened. Every small bump in the road caused it to rattle/squeak. If you pushed up on the glass and released quickly, you heard it also. Thye tried lubing the gasket which did no good. They took apart the inside liner to get to the track, and found 2 metal rollers that weren't padded. Padding them didn't help. The rep said they used to remove and replace the whole thing. They would need to send it to a body shop too chisel out the 2 metal plates that run along the glass on the outside, replace the hardware, put new plates back on and have them repainted to match. This was on both the Ford and Lincoln versions. They stopped because of the cost. They know this is a problem with the design. This, with all of my other problems...brakes, tranny, gps/sirius, seat memory, seat rocking, door latch etc. tells me they dropped the ball. I have found other people onloine with the same problems, just not all in one vehicle. If you have any of these problems as well, contact a lawyer now, as it takes a couple months.

Mine was coming from the right rear part of the front glass sunroof. The colder it was, the more it happened. Every small bump in the road caused it to rattle/squeak. If you pushed up on the glass and released quickly, you heard it also. Thye tried lubing the gasket which did no good. They took apart the inside liner to get to the track, and found 2 metal rollers that weren't padded. Padding them didn't help. The rep said they used to remove and replace the whole thing. They would need to send it to a body shop too chisel out the 2 metal plates that run along the glass on the outside, replace the hardware, put new plates back on and have them repainted to match. This was on both the Ford and Lincoln versions. They stopped because of the cost. They know this is a problem with the design. This, with all of my other problems...brakes, tranny, gps/sirius, seat memory, seat rocking, door latch etc. tells me they dropped the ball. I have found other people onloine with the same problems, just not all in one vehicle. If you have any of these problems as well, contact a lawyer now, as it takes a couple months.

Ā 

This is exactly what mine does. They have tried several things as well including a new roof liner. Still not fixed.

Ā 

Is anbody else having this issue? I highly doubt blizzard and I are the only two 2010 edge owners with this issue.

Ā 

Are there any Ford Edge techs that follow this thread that can help?

Ā 

If you have this issue you will know. It will drive you nuts. It will make HATE your Edge and want to never ever buy a Ford again.

This is exactly what mine does. They have tried several things as well including a new roof liner. Still not fixed.

Ā 

Is anbody else having this issue? I highly doubt blizzard and I are the only two 2010 edge owners with this issue.

Ā 

Are there any Ford Edge techs that follow this thread that can help?

Ā 

If you have this issue you will know. It will drive you nuts. It will make HATE your Edge and want to never ever buy a Ford again.

I think I did hear some noise from the roof, when it was -20C here in Canada, but it's not a big deal to me. It gos away in warmer weather and it's almost unnoticeable when you close the roof skirt.

Main thing for me is that the moon roof doesn't leak.

Edited by Sparky

I think I did hear some noise from the roof, when it was -20C here in Canada, but it's not a big deal to me. It gos away in warmer weather and it's almost unnoticeable when you close the roof skirt.

Main thing for me is that the moon roof doesn't leak.

Ā 

I doubt you are having it. It's louder and occurs more often when it's colder but also happens when it's warm. My last test drive with the service manager last week it was +20 here in Ottawa. It was rattling around like they had never fixed it. This was after them replacing the roof liner.

Ā 

If you are having the issue you'll know it for sure when it's happening...it will drive you up the wall.

Mine continues up to 50F, then tapers off. When it gets colder, it sounds like a geiger counter over your head. As soon as the Fall starts, it will be full time again.

Ā 

Exactly the same as mine. When I bought the vehcile it was quiet, then November came and it began. It will still happend in the summer, just not as often, and the rain stops it.

Ā 

I know it's not on all Edges because I've driven in others and they ran quietly.

Mine continues up to 50F, then tapers off. When it gets colder, it sounds like a geiger counter over your head. As soon as the Fall starts, it will be full time again.

Ā 

Hi Bilzzard2010 would you mind emailing me the name of your dealer. My dealer would like to talk to yours to see what they have tried and what didn't work?

Ā 

ralph@quyonferry.com

Hi Bilzzard2010 would you mind emailing me the name of your dealer. My dealer would like to talk to yours to see what they have tried and what didn't work?

Ā 

ralph@quyonferry.com

Ā 

Ā 

I used Sayville Ford on RT27, Sayville, NY. Ford told them to stop working on it. That they spent enough time on it. That was at 3000 miles, obviously still under warranty. The rep figures they know it will be Lemon Lawed, so don't wangt to waste time on it. I believe the quote for it and all the problems was approx. ," The vehicle as is is characteristic of the vehicle". That is what was relayed to me from Ford. Lovely. I still have my other problems. The seat back is getting looser. Just waiting to hear something back from my lawyer at this point.

I used Sayville Ford on RT27, Sayville, NY. Ford told them to stop working on it. That they spent enough time on it. That was at 3000 miles, obviously still under warranty. The rep figures they know it will be Lemon Lawed, so don't wangt to waste time on it. I believe the quote for it and all the problems was approx. ," The vehicle as is is characteristic of the vehicle". That is what was relayed to me from Ford. Lovely. I still have my other problems. The seat back is getting looser. Just waiting to hear something back from my lawyer at this point.

Ā 

Thanks very much. I hope you get it replaced! I don't think we are as well protected here in Canada. My dealer is still trying to fix the issue and have been great to keep trying, but it sucks that I own a vehicle that I hate becaue it has so many ratlles!

Ā 

Ā 

I bought a couple of cars from Sayville Ford BUT always used Ramp ford in Port Jeff for my service. They can't be beat. If you haven't been to them please give them a try

• 5 weeks later...

my sunroof has had work on it, my window regulator has been replaced TWICE my speakers have been replaced and need replacing gain, scuff gaurds and new navigation system - and reciever.... my car is a lemon thats for sure Okotoks Ford is about to worst place to take it as well they have damaged my vehicle twice during repar service, now im taking it up with the Better Business Bureau, next is a lawyer... I sympathize

Having had a 2008 AWD that I was very happy with, I have just purchased a 2010 AWD Ltd (without the sunroof, partially because it makes it a tight fit for headroom and also because this forum shows it as an ongoing problem). As far as I am concerned the 2008 was definitely quieter, which is something I value highly. Following this thread, my own observations and some other threads, I am becoming a little concerned that Ford may be following Toyota by cutting quality to maintain or increase volume and that the 2010 Edges Ford simply are not as good as other years. Certainly, when I come to change I will look at other brands whereas this time I went straight to Ford.

Im with you guys, I have had my ford into the Okotoks Ford dealership 6 times in two months, we dont have a lemon law here so I have taken the complaint where i can. The car was also into another dealership 8 times... Ford Corp Canada does not seem to really care and only reads from their script. I had the nav system replaced and it came back full of addresses to places I have never been (8 hr drive away) and Okotoks Ford dented my center console replacing the nav so they replaced that, its been in 3 times for the window regulator, and then they scratched my handles replacing the window regulator. Its been in to replace a speaker, scuff gaurd twice, sunroof, usb port, and receiver.

Ā 

Good luck!!

Plain and simple, until my issues are fixed with my 2010 Edge, I am singing like a bird. I tell my neighbors, family, friends, teammates, and co-workers aboyt the trouble I have had and that I'm not the only one. The in turn do the same.

Ā 

Ford customer service has been in touch with to get it fixed. I have told them until they have a fix for the Vista Roof, I am not interested in brining in it for more trial an error which has caused more squeeks, rattles, creaks and cracks.

Ā 

My Edge is a peice of crap.....Plain and simple!

Has anyone had any experience with the Lemon Laws and the 2010 Edge? I have a 4 month old Edge Ltd with 3000 miles. It has been in the shop 6 times. I spent 3 mornings at the service dept, and lost it another 3 times with a total of 26 days out of service where they provided a loaner vehicle. The main problem is the rattling noise from the sunroof. They have tried to fix it 5 times. They know it is an issue, but Ford stopped replacing sunroofs a while back, and now try to find fixes. They have tried lubing parts, and found unpadded dowels, but it is still rattling away. Now, they say that they will not replace the roof, or work on it anymore. They said to come pick it up, or I will be charged for the loaner. Basically, deal with it. Also, it has been in on these visits for a Tire Pressure Sensor fault ( happened 3 hours after I picked it up), Iphone incompatibilty ( their website said it was compatible), the transmission was slipping and slamming me from behind, all 4 brake rotors had to be recut at 2600 miles (pads were fine and they said it happens), the door latch had to be adjusted, the USB port failed and needed repair, the memory seats are losing their memory and the GPS/Sync is having problems (location errors, weather update not connecting and an icon saying NoGPS on the screen, even though it is tracking). As they will no longer work on the roof, which they have confirmed and documented has a problem, are they not in violation of the warranty? They could replace the sunroof and fix the problem, but just don't want to spend the money. So, go away. The service tech who notified me said that Ford states the problems are "characteristic" of the vehicle. What does that mean? I notified a lemon law attorney and also just sent off the required paperwork for NY State Attny Gen New Car Lemon Law Arbitration, as they have left me no choice. I don't trust this vehicle. If all these systems are failing, how can i assume it won't brake down at a dangerous time or possibly cause an accident. Again, anyone else have all these problems, and how did you deal with it? Thank you

Ā 

Unfortunately, Canada does not have the same lemon laws as prevalent in the US. It seems odd but considering the magnitude of the spend (typically, only one's house is a bigger investment), there is limited or no consumer protection.

Ā 

We bought my wife a 2010 Ford Edge only three weeks ago and it looks like we have our hands full, too. Engine failure after only 12 days (450 km) and the current solution they are proposing is to pull the engine and replace it. This on an essentially brand new vehicle. Ridiculous. If it were a TV or any other consumer product, you could return it for a full refund. I didn't pay $40K for a refurb.

Ā 

IMHO, there should be some common sense that if the vehicle has suffered a major failure in less than the break-in period, then the vehicle should be replaced or the consumer awarded a full refund. After that, the manufacturer's nonconformance should be fixed properly (i.e. in accordance with Ford's own OEM specifications) and in a timely manner.

Ā 

While disheartened, I am still hopeful (wishful?) that the large corporations are capable of taking ownership and addressing complaints in a practical manner. Let's see if Ford Canada justifies this faith by doing what's right or if my hopes will be crushed....

Here is where I stand now. I had already lost it for 30 days in the first 4 months I owned it. Ford refuses to work on the sunroof anymore, even though it is not yet fixed. I tried to bring it in again last Thursday for more problems. In addition to the driver seat not keeping it's memory, now something is loose, and it falls back and forward a couple inches when I accelerate or brake. It seems to catch on the next seat back position, and the feels like the floor bolts are loose. The GPS/entertainment system is still messed up. The gps glitches the location, takes 8 blocks for the No Gps icon to disappear, occasionally switches to FM from satellite when I changed stations and won't take map updates. Sirius (3 technicians) say it is the unit. My tranny is starting to kick hard from a start , again. Last time it was a software update they said. I tried to bring it in to Sayville Ford in NY on Thursday, after telling them I would be waiting for it, even though it would take about 3 hours. When I arrived, they said it would take 8 hours. As it is 30 minutes away, and they wouldn't give me a lift home. I cancelled. Now I have to try at my local dealership, instead of where I bougt it.

I still never got the paperwork from the last visit , where they had it for 2 weeks. That put it up to 30 days lost. It seems they just reopened the last visit's file. The person I dealt with is now gone. No word why. I just got off the phone with my lemon law attorney. Ford is offering me $3000 for my troubles. I am still looking at more visits, and they won't work on the sunroof! What good is $3000?? If I traded this in on a new make of vehicle, it has depreciated more then that with 6000 miles. Dealing with Ford and this vehicle has become a nightmare.

If I traded this in on a new make of vehicle, it has depreciated more then that with 6000 miles.

Ā 

I tried to trade mine in on something else last week. Like a fool, I went back to Ford first thinking I would be a couple grand upside down but I could get something like a Fusion with my Ford fleet discount from work and the $2000 rebate and should be ok. I paid $29,000 for mine 4 months ago so I figured $25,000 would be realistic (KBB shows $24,000). It was $19,000!

Ā 

Went to Honda and Toyota and was told basically the same thing. $19,000 and maybe $20,000.

Ā 

So this thing has lost ONE THIRD its value in 4 months. I know trade in value is always low but one third?! I got $11,000 on my 3 year old Honda Accord that I bought for $19,000 when I traded it in!

Ā 

On the plus side, knowing that Im stuck with it for a while, it does make it kinda easier to tolerate all the things wrong with it. LOL

Ā 

Who knows, maybe I can fix some of them myself. My dad has an awesome set of tools!

• Like 1

I tried to trade mine in on something else last week. Like a fool, I went back to Ford first thinking I would be a couple grand upside down but I could get something like a Fusion with my Ford fleet discount from work and the $2000 rebate and should be ok. I paid $29,000 for mine 4 months ago so I figured $25,000 would be realistic (KBB shows $24,000). It was $19,000!

Ā 

Went to Honda and Toyota and was told basically the same thing. $19,000 and maybe $20,000.

Ā 

So this thing has lost ONE THIRD its value in 4 months. I know trade in value is always low but one third?! I got $11,000 on my 3 year old Honda Accord that I bought for $19,000 when I traded it in!

Ā 

On the plus side, knowing that Im stuck with it for a while, it does make it kinda easier to tolerate all the things wrong with it. LOL

Ā 

Who knows, maybe I can fix some of them myself. My dad has an awesome set of tools!

Ā 

Almost any car would be the same after only 4 months. Remember - you bought retail but when you trade it in you're selling it wholesale. You could probably get close to $25K selling it yourself.

• Like 1

Almost any car would be the same after only 4 months. Remember - you bought retail but when you trade it in you're selling it wholesale. You could probably get close to $25K selling it yourself.

Ā 

Actually I think the problem is the new Edges are coming out just around the corner. I looked around online tonight and some of my area dealers have brand spanking new 2010 Edges marked down to $24,000'ish to make room for the new ones I figure. Nobody would buy a used one for $25K when they can get a new one for $24K. Maybe the same reason why Honda and Toyota were so low too. Just great timing on my part. :rolleyes:

Ā 

Its all good. I still got a nice roomy car with a no interest loan. I figure Ill be right side up in a couple years and I can unload it then. So long its just minor annoying problems that I have with this thing and things dont start blowing up, I can make the best of it.

Edited by MacLeod