2010 Edge Limited question please help

I am looking at a 2010 edge limited. They are asking 26,000 for it, but they just discovered that its been into some kinda accident. They said they noticed since the tire was hanging a low when on the lift. they are replacing the control arm and all the hardware that was damaged, or missing, and he said something about subframe damage, because thats what the control arm is connected to. I was told that this will not effect the warranty. If the subframe has actual damage I will probably not be interested, but what do you guys think any help/advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

I am looking at a 2010 edge limited. They are asking 26,000 for it, but they just discovered that its been into some kinda accident. They said they noticed since the tire was hanging a low when on the lift. they are replacing the control arm and all the hardware that was damaged, or missing, and he said something about subframe damage, because thats what the control arm is connected to. I was told that this will not effect the warranty. If the subframe has actual damage I will probably not be interested, but what do you guys think any help/advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Hi slomo. :D What I can tell you is a combination of fact and opinion. First, the fact: Damage caused by accidents certainly can effect Warranty coverage (not always, but it can). If you ever have any suspension or other problems related to that accident damage, Ford may deny that particular Warranty claim. A simple read of the Warranty Guide will explain that. Keep in mind that accident damage does not "void" the Warranty (if repaired properly), it just makes claims related to the damage more difficult to recover. Once you purchase that vehicle, you are then at the mercy of the Dealerships honesty, as they are the ones who are warrantying the vehicle was repaired correctly/within Fords specifications. That may not be a problem, but only you will be able to decide that.

Now, my opinion: Personally, I would not purchase a vehicle that had been in an accident severe enough to damage suspension components and possibly the sub-frame (or any accident, actually). I would prefer a new, freshly factory ordered vehicle. However, that is simply my personal opinion/preference and may not be correct for everyone's situation..

Whatever you decide to do, good luck. :beerchug:

Thanks for the reply. I agree I would prefer a new vehicle. But I am a full time student with 2 kids, so that was not an option for us. I thought of calling around to my local ford dealerships to see what they would say. I would be buying from a Ford/GMC/Pontiac/etc... dealership.

Thanks for the reply. I agree I would prefer a new vehicle. But I am a full time student with 2 kids, so that was not an option for us. I thought of calling around to my local ford dealerships to see what they would say. I would be buying from a Ford/GMC/Pontiac/etc... dealership.

Depending on the incentives in your area there is a VERY good chance you can get into a brand new Edge for 26k or less.

For example in my area Ford is offering 4k cash back and 0% financing for up to 60 months.

That's 4k off the sticker price even before negotiating. You should be able to get another $1500-2k off of that price depending on the model and options. Don't settle for a car that's been in an accident when you can have brand new for the same or even less. Do your research. You won't get that $4k off and 0% interest rate on a used Edge so you'll end up spending more for used.

Just another tip: If you order a FREE Edge brochure from the Ford website you will get a $750 coupon good towards the purchase of a NEW Edge.

Edited by MOFSTEEL

“Good Job” for forcing them to discover that it’s been in a serious accident.

2 kids, student, wife!! :stop:

Don’t buy it!!!

And DO NOT buy from this dealer.

Click here, enter your zip code, make, model and options and it will give you what is a good price for a new 2010 in your zip.

Maybe aim a little lower, lightly loaded SEL's are really nice.

http://www.truecar.com/index.html

MOFSTEEL has a good point, a (newish) used car can end up costing more than a new one.

You’ll be paying a higher interest rate for used.

ab

Full time student with 2 children...I'm sorry but you have no business buying this expensive of a vehicle. Sounds like this vehicle was in a very serious accident...they didn't discover anything they knew it all along. If you buy this vehicle then be warned that this may possibly be the worst decision you have ever made in your life

Full time student with 2 children...I'm sorry but you have no business buying this expensive of a vehicle. Sounds like this vehicle was in a very serious accident...they didn't discover anything they knew it all along. If you buy this vehicle then be warned that this may possibly be the worst decision you have ever made in your life

26k really isnt expensive. With negotiating shehe could get a NEW Edge in the low 20s.

Sounds like she/he needs the room and a reliable vehicle and the Edge is just that.

26k really isnt expensive. With negotiating shehe could get a NEW Edge in the low 20s.

Sounds like she/he needs the room and a reliable vehicle and the Edge is just that.

I agree that 26k isn't expensive.....for me, but for a full time student with 2 children and daily living expenses and has already said that new vehicle is too expensive leads one to belive that money is tight. If the OP is needing a roomy vehicle that is dependable I can name off a dozen or so that will get the job done at probably 1/2 the price...let's start with a 2007 Edge.

I agree that 26k isn't expensive.....for me, but for a full time student with 2 children and daily living expenses and has already said that new vehicle is too expensive leads one to belive that money is tight. If the OP is needing a roomy vehicle that is dependable I can name off a dozen or so that will get the job done at probably 1/2 the price...let's start with a 2007 Edge.

Ouch, first model year and PTU come to mind.

Also higher interest rates and no warranty.

I'd definitely opt for the new car.

Don't need to deal with all the first model year issues when you have a busy schedule

and two kids.

If anything id say take a close look at a new Hyundai Santa Fe.

Ouch, first model year and PTU come to mind.

Also higher interest rates and no warranty.

I'd definitely opt for the new car.

Don't need to deal with all the first model year issues when you have a busy schedule

and two kids.

If anything id say take a close look at a new Hyundai Santa Fe.

I agree, look for a smaller crossover like a Huyndai Tuscon : 4 cylnder , cute , low payments lower interrst rate 5 year bumper to bumper warranty.