2007-2010 Ford Edge K&N drop-in filter for sale!

zinc76

Im selling a K&N drop in performance air filter for all 2007-2010 Ford Edge 3.5L V6. I purchased this filter three years ago at the beginning of my lease term and now the lease is done so I have no use for it anymore. 50-state legal; Provides 1 to 4 h.p. power gain; 96 to 99 percent filtration. Works with OEM vehicle electronics; WILL LAST THE LIFE OF THE VEHICLE; Washable and reusable; Lasts up to 50,000-mile before cleaning is required depending on drive condition. Im asking $40 firm (filter will pay for itself because of the gas savings plus no need to ever replace).You can contact me at davidzinc76@bellsouth.net. I would prefer to sell locally here in south florida(Miami) but would consider doing a paypal transaction. Buyer is responsible for shipping and handling. Thanks:-)

Im selling a K&N drop in performance air filter for all 2007-2010 Ford Edge 3.5L V6. I purchased this filter three years ago at the beginning of my lease term and now the lease is done so I have no use for it anymore. 50-state legal; Provides 1 to 4 h.p. power gain; 96 to 99 percent filtration. Works with OEM vehicle electronics; WILL LAST THE LIFE OF THE VEHICLE; Washable and reusable; Lasts up to 50,000-mile before cleaning is required depending on drive condition. Im asking $40 firm (filter will pay for itself because of the gas savings plus no need to ever replace).You can contact me at davidzinc76@bellsouth.net. I would prefer to sell locally here in south florida(Miami) but would consider doing a paypal transaction. Buyer is responsible for shipping and handling. Thanks:-)

From what I've seen these filters are going for everywhere between $45-$55. So I guess asking $40 bucks is to ambitious on my part but Im pretty sure i can definitly get more then $15. These filters are probably the first and best investment one can make because the gas savings.. Hey i'll try to at least get $30-$25, its practically brand new only using it for 30,000 in normal driving condtitions plus it never needs to be replaced just cleaned every 50,000 miles.

From what I've seen these filters are going for everywhere between $45-$55. So I guess asking $40 bucks is to ambitious on my part but Im pretty sure i can definitly get more then $15. These filters are probably the first and best investment one can make because the gas savings.. Hey i'll try to at least get $30-$25, its practically brand new only using it for 30,000 in normal driving condtitions plus it never needs to be replaced just cleaned every 50,000 miles.

It's been debated time and time again that it is possible that the oil from these filters

can do damage to the MAF. It could also give dealerships a reason to void your warranty.

If you search the net you'll find thousands of posts debating both sides.

IMO better safe then sorry.

Gas savings? Slim to none at best.

It is very possible with a CAI on certain vehicles.

In regards to the Edge intake it works well as is and any changes may lead to drop in gas mileage and performance.

Hold a K&N filter up to sun and you will see pin holes through the whole filter media. They flow better than any other filter at the expense of leeting gobs of dirt in the engine and contaminating your MAF with oil if oiled improperly....which is very easy to do. I run amsoil air filter and clean it twice a year with compressed air and it lasts up to 4 years.

It's been debated time and time again that it is possible that the oil from these filters

can do damage to the MAF. It could also give dealerships a reason to void your warranty.

If you search the net you'll find thousands of posts debating both sides.

IMO better safe then sorry.

Gas savings? Slim to none at best.

It is very possible with a CAI on certain vehicles.

In regards to the Edge intake it works well as is and any changes may lead to drop in gas mileage and performance.

First, I doubt very seriously that a dealer is going to void your warranty due to having a drop-in K&N filter. Second, my MPG improved from 15 mpg's to like 18mpg(city) which the computer on the edge tells you what mpg's your getting. I and many have used k&n filters for years and never had a problem. All you have to do is buy the cleaning kit, clean it like every 50,000 miles re-oil the filter and let it dry properly like a day or two. If your not interested in the filter why make unclaimed facts, your happy with set-up good for you but there's a reason why performance minded/engine builders use their filters because they work better than paper filters.

Hold a K&N filter up to sun and you will see pin holes through the whole filter media. They flow better than any other filter at the expense of leeting gobs of dirt in the engine and contaminating your MAF with oil if oiled improperly....which is very easy to do. I run amsoil air filter and clean it twice a year with compressed air and it lasts up to 4 years.

"Will a K&N filter cause my vehicle's mass air sensor to fail?"

"No, it is both impossible and ridiculous.

It is impossible because we know that the oil treatment on our cotton is very small (usually less than 2 ounces). Once the oil is properly and evenly absorbed through the cotton, no oil will come off, even under extreme engine conditions. It is ridiculous, because no dealership or service provider has ever been able to provide us with evidence to support this "myth," and in fact, our investigations have revealed that even authorized dealerships are simply speculating and do not have the test equipment necessary to know whether the sensor has failed or why. It is even more ridiculous because some car manufacturers use and sell air filters treated with oil on a regular basis. There are also major brands of disposable air filters that are treated with oil. We all use oil for the same reason, it helps in the filtration efficiency of an air filter. For more information on this topic including videos, see our Mass Air Flow Sensor Statement page."

I have used them in many cars & trucks, and in my Edge right now and 1 in my FJ40 as well.

K&N has a racing team, these filters go in ALL kinds of cars.

I have never lost 1 bit of sleep thinking this filter will hurt my MAF sensor or engine in any way, shape or form.

you could debate it all day.. but IF it is possible, and they put them in $10k engines and race them, the wear and tear - IMHO - is so minor, whatever...

you could always sit and speculate on these types of minutia debates, or just throw the thing in and get on with life. I bet the crappy contaminated gas we put in does more damage then a K&N. PA LEASE

First, I doubt very seriously that a dealer is going to void your warranty due to having a drop-in K&N filter. Second, my MPG improved from 15 mpg's to like 18mpg(city) which the computer on the edge tells you what mpg's your getting. I and many have used k&n filters for years and never had a problem. All you have to do is buy the cleaning kit, clean it like every 50,000 miles re-oil the filter and let it dry properly like a day or two. If your not interested in the filter why make unclaimed facts, your happy with set-up good for you but there's a reason why performance minded/engine builders use their filters because they work better than paper filters.

First, if you search you will find more than one case where the warranty was voided because of a K&N.

Second, my MPG also improved during what people refer to as "the break in period". I've seen gains from just over 14mpg to now just over 18mpg. That is calculated by the total miles driven on tank divded by the total fillup in gallons. The computer is not accurate.

Third, im not making "unclaimed facts", whatever that is, im simply stating what has been talked about for years between thousands of enthusiats.

Lastly, "performance minded/engine builders" also use the Tornado Intake but that doesnt mean it works.

There are many products available in the aftermarket that will decrease performance and it is up to the consumer to reaseach and decide what is best for them.

"Will a K&N filter cause my vehicle's mass air sensor to fail?"

"No, it is both impossible and ridiculous.

It is impossible because we know that the oil treatment on our cotton is very small (usually less than 2 ounces). Once the oil is properly and evenly absorbed through the cotton, no oil will come off, even under extreme engine conditions. It is ridiculous, because no dealership or service provider has ever been able to provide us with evidence to support this "myth," and in fact, our investigations have revealed that even authorized dealerships are simply speculating and do not have the test equipment necessary to know whether the sensor has failed or why. It is even more ridiculous because some car manufacturers use and sell air filters treated with oil on a regular basis. There are also major brands of disposable air filters that are treated with oil. We all use oil for the same reason, it helps in the filtration efficiency of an air filter. For more information on this topic including videos, see our Mass Air Flow Sensor Statement page."

Im guessing that is from the K&N website?

Of course they're going to say that.

What did you think it would say? LOL

I have used them in many cars & trucks, and in my Edge right now and 1 in my FJ40 as well.

K&N has a racing team, these filters go in ALL kinds of cars.

I have never lost 1 bit of sleep thinking this filter will hurt my MAF sensor or engine in any way, shape or form.

you could debate it all day.. but IF it is possible, and they put them in $10k engines and race them, the wear and tear - IMHO - is so minor, whatever...

you could always sit and speculate on these types of minutia debates, or just throw the thing in and get on with life. I bet the crappy contaminated gas we put in does more damage then a K&N. PA LEASE

That of course is your opinion. I too have used them in the past but have no need or desire to use a product that could POTENTIALLY damage my engine components.

First, if you search you will find more than one case where the warranty was voided because of a K&N.

Second, my MPG also improved during what people refer to as "the break in period". I've seen gains from just over 14mpg to now just over 18mpg. That is calculated by the total miles driven on tank divded by the total fillup in gallons. The computer is not accurate.

Third, im not making "unclaimed facts", whatever that is, im simply stating what has been talked about for years between thousands of enthusiats.

Lastly, "performance minded/engine builders" also use the Tornado Intake but that doesnt mean it works.

There are many products available in the aftermarket that will decrease performance and it is up to the consumer to reaseach and decide what is best for them.

You'll never win with this guy, so you might as well give up and place him on ignore. :beatdeadhorse: