Hate my Edge

lucy72

I purchased my 2010 Edge November of 2009 and have had nothing but problems. It has been in the shop 4 TIMES due to the rear brakes grinding not when I first drive it anytime of the day. Finally after getting the run around of "oh Ford does not have asbestos in the brake pads any longer" or 'oh it is moisture problems" over and over and nothing done I threatened them with acontacting a lawyer and finally something was done ..they replaced the pads and rotors. Now the driver side window is making a clanking noise when it rolls up and shakes, and the back hatch is making a loud popping noise when I open it..I mean WTF!!! Anyone else having these issues???

I purchased my 2010 Edge November of 2009 and have had nothing but problems. It has been in the shop 4 TIMES due to the rear brakes grinding not when I first drive it anytime of the day. Finally after getting the run around of "oh Ford does not have asbestos in the brake pads any longer" or 'oh it is moisture problems" over and over and nothing done I threatened them with acontacting a lawyer and finally something was done ..they replaced the pads and rotors. Now the driver side window is making a clanking noise when it rolls up and shakes, and the back hatch is making a loud popping noise when I open it..I mean WTF!!! Anyone else having these issues???

The brake glind is normal. There are numerious posts about this on the forum.

I was told by a Ford mechinic that this was because of the rotor material used by Ford.

Everyone who drives an Edge has the same issue. Not a big deal as far as im concerned.

I have a 2010 Edge Limited AWD that I purchased in December and have had no issues.

Edited by MOFSTEEL

Okay well the grinding that was happening to my vehicle was not normal, and what everyone else post about was when they first drove the vehicle in the morning mine was happening ALLDAY. Either way after several visits the problem was fixed with ceramic pads and new rotors.

It sounds like the other problems you're having can be fixed with some minor adjustments form the dealer.

Since you didn't get service that you thought was satisfactory, I'd suggest trying another dealership. Hopefully there is another Ford dealer relatively close by. If you schedule an appoinment in advance, they should be able to give you a loaner as well.

Welcome to the forum. Also, if you no longer hate your Edge, you might want to change the title of your thread.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

hi everyone. just joined the forum. I have an 07 edge se. so far it has been everything we could have hoped for and more. We've got about 35,000 miles on it and its due for front brakes. anybody have a suggestion on a replacement brake pad. Im planning on doing the job myself as I have for many moons but would appreciate any heads ups etc. to save myself a problem or two. Thanks in advance, love the blue oval!!

• 1 month later...

My 2008 Edge has just over 51,000 miles. One defect with rear bearing at 17,000 miles that was fixed under warranty. I just bought new Hankook tires (same exact tires as the originals) to replace the original tires. We drove from Texas to California and back (4,200 miles) on summer vacation in 2009, and it was very comfortable for two adults and one teenager.

I am very happy with my Edge. Sorry to hear others are having so many problems.