Cargo Security Shade - Ford Part # 9T4Z-7845440-AC

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone use/have the Cargo Security Shade from Ford? PN 9T4Z-7845440-AC?

Interested in your thoughts on it - does it work?

Would like to have something to keep "prying eyes" out of the back of the Edge....

Thx, SW

Thats a good idea. I'll have to look into that also.

Edited by klc317

I have it and all I can say about it is that it is very cheesy. It does not roll back for easy access, the sides of it clip to the edge of the rear trim, between the window and the trim, with just cheap hooks attached to elastic strips...it's very easy to tell that this was an afterthought that a 5 year old must have designed

I have it and all I can say about it is that it is very cheesy. It does not roll back for easy access, the sides of it clip to the edge of the rear trim, between the window and the trim, with just cheap hooks attached to elastic strips...it's very easy to tell that this was an afterthought that a 5 year old must have designed

Thanks - that was kinda what I figured looking at the pic in the catalog.

And the fact that I can't seem to find one installed anywhere...if it was a good accessory I'm sure more people would have it.

Thx, SW

Thanks - that was kinda what I figured looking at the pic in the catalog.

And the fact that I can't seem to find one installed anywhere...if it was a good accessory I'm sure more people would have it.

Thx, SW

I've got one. I'll try to take a pic of it later today.

True the design wasnt well thought out but it does do its job.

I also have the Cargo Security Shade. What I dislike is the suspender-band must be placed around the rear seat head rests. If you want to drop a rear seat down you will have to remove the shade. When not in use it hangs from the rear seat head rests and is folded and half tucked behind the bottom rear seat "flashing" (cargo floor flap?).

Like another person said, it is a cheesy poor and very cheap design. But if you just want to hide the rear cargo area from curious eyes it functions as described.

I had a Mazda Tribute (Ford Escape brother) and it had a good roll-up cargo shade.

This is definately one item Ford overlooked and should have redesigned much sooner in the Edge model years.

Edited by Tribby2001