• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Into what, Hillbilly?

Ladies and Gentleman.

This is a perfect example of someone speaking about something they know nothing about.

First I will explain my question in easier terms so hopefully you can understand.

What did you mean when you said "no great shakes?"

Second, (remembering to keep this as simple as I can so you can understant), when you have time to look at another thing on the computer, look at this:

www.hop.com

I think you will find it very helpful.

Oh well, some people will never learn.

No, not from you in any case.

I think it's bad form on your part to keep up the Hillbilly thing after I'd realized I'd done wrong and edited the post and edited BEFORE you replied. Very lacking in grace, you see when someone admits they're wrong the graceful person then acts, well, gracefully.

Hey Fu man.. you mistake was to reply. You never learned a LOT in your life..

Now take a hike..

You think your newness excuses you here, when these people have been posting for a LONG time, and you just pop in and start insulting us?

buzz off pecker head.

/edit, hey not you Creme. your post got in just ahead of mine, while I was typing.

Edited by 07 MKX

No, not from you in any case.

I think it's bad form on your part to keep up the Hillbilly thing after I'd realized I'd done wrong and edited the post and edited BEFORE you replied. Very lacking in grace, you see when someone admits they're wrong the graceful person then acts, well, gracefully.

Pay attention. This should be real easy for you to follow.

You will notice that I started my reply to you a clear FOUR minutes before you edited you post.

And you will notice that the rest of my posts make absolutely zero reference to the post that you edited. They responded

to other things you posted.

I did mention the word "hillbilly" in one reply; but it wasn't to you - it was to CreamEDGE.

As an aside (which by the way means: a message that departs from the main subject), I'm thinking you don't have much experience on message boards.

You really need to take things a lot less serious. Go with the flow. Laugh with everyone else.

But most importantly, don't be a schmuck.

So I guess I must be the only one that thought the hillbilly thing was kinda funny. Either that or hillbilly just isn't as insulting up here north of the 49th.

I though internet forums were supposed to be an escape from the seriousness of "real life" ;)

Edited by dave-m

So I guess I must be the only one that thought the hillbilly thing was kinda funny.

I though internet forums were supposed to be an escape from the seriousness of "real life" ;)

It would have been if he said it in jest.

In jest, I would have laughed too.

Since he went back and edited it, we know it wasn't.

I thought it was kind of funny that he assumed that I was a hillbilly solely by where I lived. That was funny.

Plus, it gave me the opportunity to fire back with a few things.

All is good. Life is short. He can think I'm a hillbilly. No worries.

As long as my one special someone loves me, I'm a very happy camper.

Good night that post was lovely. First off Good Hands is not a Hillbilly, what ever the definition of Hillbilly is, and Cordova TN is not what you would consider Low Rent District. Actually Cordova is very upscale and a very clean part of the greater Memphis Area. I lived in Southwind and was very close to Cordova. Is everyone that lived or lives in TN one of these Hillbillies? Or have people watched to many Cartoons about the Hatfield's and McCoys, which were from East KY and West VA by the way.

And what is wrong with MKX. This person simply tells it the way it is!!! I like that, and the info they post is accurate and often a reference is given for a factual viewpoint.

Lets see now, I was born and raised in MO. By the Lake of the Ozarks. I guess I am a Hillbilly. However I have been transfered to St Louis MO, Denver CO, Indianapolis IN, Springfield IL, Cape Girardeau, MO, Louisville KY, Memphis TN, and now back in the St Louis area.

I wonder what ethnic slur I fit in.

As far as Plastic wheels are concerned I believe they are actually Aluminum that is Chrome Plated and glued to the wheel. I don't believe they are plastic. I could be wrong remember I am from the Ozark Mountains and may not know what Aluminum is, or plastic for that matter. My wheels are made of wood.

Good night that post was lovely. First off Good Hands is not a Hillbilly, what ever the definition of Hillbilly is, and Cordova TN is not what you would consider Low Rent District. Actually Cordova is very upscale and a very clean part of the greater Memphis Area. I lived in Southwind and was very close to Cordova. Is everyone that lived or lives in TN one of these Hillbillies? Or have people watched to many Cartoons about the Hatfield's and McCoys, which were from East KY and West VA by the way.

And what is wrong with MKX. This person simply tells it the way it is!!! I like that, and the info they post is accurate and often a reference is given for a factual viewpoint.

Lets see now, I was born and raised in MO. By the Lake of the Ozarks. I guess I am a Hillbilly. However I have been transfered to St Louis MO, Denver CO, Indianapolis IN, Springfield IL, Cape Girardeau, MO, Louisville KY, Memphis TN, and now back in the St Louis area.

I wonder what ethnic slur I fit in.

As far as Plastic wheels are concerned I believe they are actually Aluminum that is Chrome Plated and glued to the wheel. I don't believe they are plastic. I could be wrong remember I am from the Ozark Mountains and may not know what Aluminum is, or plastic for that matter. My wheels are made of wood.

Southwind? Oh yeah...nice. Only problem with both Southwind and Cordova is that neither one aren't solely in the county.

I would dare say that the property tax revenue Memphis receives from Southwind and Cordova is probably 75% of the total for the entire city? Think that is pretty accurate sengland?

:banghead: ...hate taxes...

..wheels are made of wood....

LMAO!!!

:rockon:

Southwind? Oh yeah...nice. Only problem with both Southwind and Cordova is that neither one aren't solely in the county.

I would dare say that the property tax revenue Memphis receives from Southwind and Cordova is probably 75% of the total for the entire city? Think that is pretty accurate sengland?

:banghead: ...hate taxes...

..wheels are made of wood....

LMAO!!!

:rockon:

I agree and what a mess Memphis is in. I haven't been keeping up but what happened with the Mayor and the Car Dealer trying to get him to do something despicable with that young Gal so they could get rid of him. I moved in July Back to what I call home. Ever eaten at the Commissary? I loved that food. I also enjoyed drinking a beer or ten at the East End Grill. Especially when Daily came in and bought a round for the house. I had a great time in Memphis and in many ways I miss it. But those last two years it was so dad gum HOT and no Rain. My yard just went to heck. The east End was so close I could walk home if I needed to except for that Damn Fence!

I almost forgot. Is Cordova in Shelby County? I was for sure but I would have thought you were further out. I lived off of Players Club Parkway. Man those property taxes were killer. But then again there is no State Income Tax and I loved that.

SRE

Edited by sengland

I agree and what a mess Memphis is in. I haven't been keeping up but what happened with the Mayor and the Car Dealer trying to get him to do something despicable with that young Gal so they could get rid of him. I moved in July Back to what I call home. Ever eaten at the Commissary? I loved that food. I also enjoyed drinking a beer or ten at the East End Grill. Especially when Daily came in and bought a round for the house. I had a great time in Memphis and in many ways I miss it. But those last two years it was so dad gum HOT and no Rain. My yard just went to heck. The east End was so close I could walk home if I needed to except for that Damn Fence!

I almost forgot. Is Cordova in Shelby County? I was for sure but I would have thought you were further out. I lived off of Players Club Parkway. Man those property taxes were killer. But then again there is no State Income Tax and I loved that.

SRE

They still haven't settled the Mayor and the hooker situation yet. She has all kinds of charges against her and is claiming some attorney said he could get the charges dropped if she cooperated.

More drama..lol.

The Commissary is awesome..their ribs are out of this world. East End...well, what can you say about the East End. Daly bought the East End Grill down in Olive Branch (next to Cherokee Valley Golf Club), changed the name to John Daly's Restaurant and Bar. He stopped by every night during the St. Jude Classic and bought rounds for everyone...from what I heard..it was way too wild.

You are right. Cordova WAS in the county. Memphis annexed it a few years ago. None of us were happy about that. Huge revenue source coming into the Memphis and barely any of the benefits. Well, we do have city garbage collection.

Whoo Hoo.