It Finally Arrived

After waiting 44 days, my SEL+ AWD, Light Sage Metallic, no BAMR/no Nav/no Rear Entertainment, finally arrived. I know that the turnaround time for my order was short, compared to others, but still a "long" time.

I got the call from the dealer with good news and bad news. The Edge arrived, as ordered, yesterday, but.....it was delivered with what we call in my business: "Teamster Tracks" (sorry brudda's). It looks like someone during the course of shipment, allowed a "chain binder" or other device to fall on the roof. Nice size dent on the formed reinforcement of the roof. I will get to view the repair hopefully by the end of the week (dealer estimate). If all is well, the deal will be completed, if not, then time to start looking at the Lincoln lots, as they seem to have the best selection in stock, and be resigned to taking some of the options that I don't need/want.

Sad that what appears to be a well assembled vehicle succumbed to a transport accident/lack of attention. I do wonder why it wasn't noted at the rail yard, or by the truck transport.

Onward.

• 3 weeks later...

Sad that what appears to be a well assembled vehicle succumbed to a transport accident/lack of attention. I do wonder why it wasn't noted at the rail yard, or by the truck transport.

Onward.

Because of the number of hands it goes through. When a damage claim gets submitted by the dealer no one ever gets held accountable because of the "anonymity" of the whole transport chain. Believe me, it's been a real PITA for the dealers and those that work (or worked) directly with them. :wacko:

Frankly, I would like to see any damage to my new vehicle before it was repaired.

I went to the dealer's lot, at their request, as they were NOT going to do anything until I had a chance to see it. The damage was on the passenger side and looked suspicioiusly like a "chain binder" had been dropped across one of the embossed stiffener channels. It was repaired within the week, with no perceptable trace.

I took delivery on April 23, and I have been happy to own this vehicle. I can find none of the criticisms stated on this and the Blue Oval forum to be of much concern. I sense that some prefer to believe all that they read without actual experience, but that is their burden.