Fogging Tail Lights

rapi99

Hello, has anybody this problems too??

Normaly i have fogging tail lights and panel after carwash. Now it´s raining here since weeks. So they are fogging all the time, don´t dry out. Water on the bottom of the light. I dryed them in my place, now i have huge spots on the inside from water, it really look bad.

Do you know if Lincoln changed anything on models 2009 or 2010?

I removed the lights, on the backside the have two holes, but they are sealed with blue stickers. I removed them for better "breathing", but it is just a little help.

Is there a solution? I don´t want to buy new ones if i have the same problem again. They are really expensive!

I drive the car in Europe, so if you bring it outside US - no guarantee :finger:

Ralf

Normaly i have fogging tail lights and panel after carwash. Now it´s raining here since weeks. So they are fogging all the time, don´t dry out. Water on the bottom of the light. I dryed them in my place, now i have huge spots on the inside from water, it really look bad.

I removed the lights, on the backside the have two holes, but they are sealed with blue stickers. I removed them for better "breathing", but it is just a little help.

Is there a solution? I don´t want to buy new ones if i have the same problem again. They are really expensive!

I drive the car in Europe, so if you bring it outside US - no guarantee :finger:

Ralf

you can do what some of us do to modify the headlights we bake the head lights in the oven repeatedly at 200 degrees and use cedar shims to lightly pry the glue apart and use a utility knike to cut it free. once the two part are separated you can re seal them using a 2 part epoxy that will guaranty a water proof seal. If you want you could stop their or you can take it once step further while you have them open you can modify your tail lights to make them look like the ford edge sport tail lights by painting the chrome and giving them that black out effect

post-8749-127672198938_thumb.jpg

If you decide to go this route and paint them please take LOTS of pictures as their are plenty of members that would love to see how this turns out

hope this helps

Matt Rochette

Thanks for this fast answers!

I bought the car from a army soldier here in Germany. If you "import! the car in other countries, you don´t have any guarantee. It´s limited only across North America... unfortunately.

I contacted Ford Germany, they said: this model is not available in Europe, so "no chance" :angry: i hope i will not get any other problems, the car is running now for about 1.5 years with 18K miles on it.

Do you really think it is possible to get the light´s apart? In the oven? I think the plastic will melt... not only the glue.

Do you mean 200 F? How long should it "bake"?

The black one look really hot!

Ralf

Ralf

I convinced a former girl friend that water in tail lights is the break fluid :headspin: She also believed that marshmellows grow on trees and the "C" in the Colorado flag was for Coors. Gotta luv gullible people.