Window Tints

1duFos

Going to tint my front windows to match the back factory tints. I was told by a tinter that the factory tints are 13 or 23%, can't remember what he said. The max tint that seems to work without being hassled by the police for tints being too dark for front door windows is 35%. If I go 35% than it won't match the rear tints. Has anyone tinted their windows and if so at what %? pictures?

Thanks

Going to tint my front windows to match the back factory tints. I was told by a tinter that the factory tints are 13 or 23%, can't remember what he said. The max tint that seems to work without being hassled by the police for tints being too dark for front door windows is 35%. If I go 35% than it won't match the rear tints. Has anyone tinted their windows and if so at what %? pictures?

Thanks

I had mine tinted 13%, it was a really good match. I had my Explorer windows tinted to match the back windows and it was darker than the law permits in my state. I have never been harassed by the cops for it.

post-5934-067126900 1277407415_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Ended up at 35% on the fronts, looks pretty close to the rears, didn't want to go darker as going darker I might get hassled from the police.

We have no phone use while driving here so if the police cant see the driver because of too dark tints they will start pulling over cars with too dark tints. The place that did my tints said he is getting more cars with dark tints having them removed and installing a light tint 35%

• 3 months later...

Hello! I have 5% all the way around and its great! 5 over factory in the back! ;)

Wow that's dark, but it looks good! 5 over 23?? in the back = 1.15%, your pretty close to having solid black paint on the windows :shades:

How do you find it at night? Is it hard to see out the front, I'm assuming its almost impossible to see out the back, even in the day. I was worried 15% all around was going to be too dark.