Squeak issue

teecup

I have the same squeak issue in the drivers side seat. If I wiggle from side to side it is very loud. I am suspicious that it is coming from the seatbelt latch area. Please post if somebody finds a fix. My dealership is hopeless unless the car is broken. My car is only 6 weeks old. It was built in May. Sounds like an old jalopy.

I have the same squeak issue in the drivers side seat. If I wiggle from side to side it is very loud. I am suspicious that it is coming from the seatbelt latch area. Please post if somebody finds a fix. My dealership is hopeless unless the car is broken. My car is only 6 weeks old. It was built in May. Sounds like an old jalopy.

Ā 

Ā 

Go to your Ford dealer and tell them to look at TSB 10-17-6. It deals with the squeaks you describe.

I've had a squeaking issue since early August. I bought my 2010 Edge Limited at the end of June. I brought it in and was told that it's the leather seats rubbing against something and that's just the way they are built. Needless to say that I am not happy with this answer and am going back to the dealership on Wed. I plan on printing all of these posts to show them. It drives me crazy when the service department thinks they can give such a lame answer and expect me to accept it. This is one woman they are not going to fool. I will continue to nag them until they fix this issue For the amount of money Ford charges for the Edge, they should build a quality car and stand behind it. Please let me know if any of you can find out what is truly going on with this squeaky noise. It's driving me crazy!!!! By the way, I thought it was only the driver's seat, but now I'm thinking it's coming from the back too. Anyone else having this issue?

Ā 

It definitely seems to be seatbelt related. The other day as mjine was squeaking I grabbed the seatbelt and pulled it a little so there was slack to where it plugs in. The squeaking ceased. This is definitely not a leather seats rubbing issue as another poster had been told by her dealership.

As mentioned before TSB 10-17-6 deals withe the squeaks that come from the lower left side of the drivers seat or the lower eight side of the passenger seat where the seatbelts are attached. This affects 2010 Edges built between 25 January and 28 June 2010. my dealer had never heard of it, but after insisting that the service manager look it up in his data base, he admitted that this could be the source of the squeaking. I now have an appointment to get it fixed. Will let you know of the outcome

As mentioned before TSB 10-17-6 deals withe the squeaks that come from the lower left side of the drivers seat or the lower eight side of the passenger seat where the seatbelts are attached. This affects 2010 Edges built between 25 January and 28 June 2010. my dealer had never heard of it, but after insisting that the service manager look it up in his data base, he admitted that this could be the source of the squeaking. I now have an appointment to get it fixed. Will let you know of the outcome

Ā 

Please let us know if this fixed the squeaking problem. I'm having the same problem and it's driving me crazy. Just want to make sure I give the dealer the right info. It seems to me that the dealers don't know how to fix it. Thank you for the information.

Please let us know if this fixed the squeaking problem. I'm having the same problem and it's driving me crazy. Just want to make sure I give the dealer the right info. It seems to me that the dealers don't know how to fix it. Thank you for the information.

Just had our 2010 Edge in to Ford again yesterday. It is 6 months old. In my case it was the passanger side squeaking but only if you had someone in the seat no noise while driving alone. They took it for a test drive with 2 people and this time they did hear the squeak. A tech. checked it out and has decided that both driver and passanger seat rails need to be replaced. They have to order then in from the USA. They are going to call when they arrive. As I had mentioned in an earlier post my friend works at the manufacturing plant who makes the rails and Ford has made them aware of a problem. But Ford is not telling their customers. I will keep everyone updated on how it goes and how long it takes to get the job done.

Just picked up my Edge after the dealer supposedly performed the TSB fix. The squeak is still there, no change. The manager said he is going to follow up with Ford and get back to me. Probably the start of the run-around.

I obtained a copy of the TSB and it states:

Ā 

" Some 2010 Edge and MKX vehicles built from 1/25/2010 to 6/28/2010 may exhibit a squeak noise from the driver and/or passenger front seat while braking, accelerating or turning corners with the seat belt buckled. This noise may be due to contact between the inboard safety belt buckle anti-rotation locator tab and the seat track bracket slot. Concern can occur on all front seat types except 4-way manual driver seat."

Ā 

I have disabled the driver's seatbelt ding-dong and gone for a long drive without the seatbelt done up. It did not squeak once. As soon as I buckled up the squeaking started again. I guess I will take this info to the dealer and go from there.

Edited by kruiderf

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hello all, we have had our program Limited Edge about a week and have been experiencing an anoying squeak on the drivers side on bumpy roads and slow to moderate speed.

The dealer is 60 miles from here. I am almost postive all the squeaking is coming from the seat belt, I know all of our sqeaking is from the seat belt. Unbuckle in your driveway

and grasp the lower half (part that is attached to floor) and manipalate it and you can hear the squeak. I hope this is everyones squeaking problem.

Had the same annoying squeaking in the driver's seat of our 2010 Edge. Took the car to the dealership yesterday and described the problem to them. They obviously were aware of this common issue and seem to have fixed same quoting technical service bulletin 10-17-6 in their report to me. Hopefully this has been resolved and doesn't return. Otherwise have had the car for 6 months and are very happy with it.

Had the same annoying squeaking in the driver's seat of our 2010 Edge. Took the car to the dealership yesterday and described the problem to them. They obviously were aware of this common issue and seem to have fixed same quoting technical service bulletin 10-17-6 in their report to me. Hopefully this has been resolved and doesn't return. Otherwise have had the car for 6 months and are very happy with it.

I been having the squeaking issue like i said before since I got my Edge last April. I went to the dealer twice already for the problem with no fix. They did the TSB and that didn't work. So, last week I called Ford Customer Relations number and put in a complaint. At first they said there is nothing they can really do for you, but I was able to talk them into having the dealership work on the car more. They were even willing to covering a rental car if needed. So I called the dealer and they were willing to fit me in yesterday with a free loaner car. So I brought my Edge in at 8am and they called at 4:30p to tell me my car is ready, but I wasn't able to pick it up. So I will be driving my loaner this weekend, 2010 Mariner, and I get to see if my car is really fixed on Monday

• 2 weeks later...

I have a 2010 edge limited and both of the front seats will click/squeak every time there is a bump or a shift in weight. The first time I took it in they said that greasing the rails fixed it, but as soon as I got in the car the seat clicked. I took it in again and this time they are saying that they couldn't get it to do it. I'm not sure what to do........

For anyone that has a squeaky seat: Go for a drive with your seatbealt on, when you notice it start to squeak reach down and hold your seatbelt at the latch, you should be able to make the noise stop. If this is your squeak: reach down with your right hand to follow where the seatbelt latch is hooked to the seat and you will feal the nut that holds the latch to the seat. There will be two white teflon washers on either side of the latch at the nut. Spray silicone lube on the washers by folding the back of the seat all the way down for easy access. Work the seatbelt latch assembly back and forth to get the silcone spread around. Your problem is now solved. This sqeak will develope in the passenger seat as well and might have to be redone over time.

• Like 1

For anyone that has a squeaky seat: Go for a drive with your seatbealt on, when you notice it start to squeak reach down and hold your seatbelt at the latch, you should be able to make the noise stop. If this is your squeak: reach down with your right hand to follow where the seatbelt latch is hooked to the seat and you will feal the nut that holds the latch to the seat. There will be two white teflon washers on either side of the latch at the nut. Spray silicone lube on the washers by folding the back of the seat all the way down for easy access. Work the seatbelt latch assembly back and forth to get the silcone spread around. Your problem is now solved. This sqeak will develope in the passenger seat as well and might have to be redone over time.

Ā 

That should help a lot of people out; thanks for posting.

• 3 weeks later...

Before purchasing my 2010 Edge Sport this past week, I took an SEL out for a test drive. It had low mileage on it and during the test drive I experienced a squeak coming from the inside of the vehicle. It took me a few moments to realize it was coming from the drivers seat. When driving slow I turned the steering wheel side to side and sure enough the squeak was there each time. Maybe the same issue here?

The passenger seat in my Edge squeaks at low speeds over small bumps, only when someone is sitting in the seat. A visual inspection shows no real problem, will try lubing the rails an d pivot points. Also noted some rust on some of the seat mechanism, not sure if this is normal, both front seats show the same rust issues.