HELP ! ! ! SYNC on Fire. Many Lights on DASH on...

08edge08

Ok...the Microsoft Sync caused a fire in the middle console towards the passenger side. Apparently this is not the first known fire of its kind with Ford Edges and SYNC. Here is what I have done.

I have since replaced the center console and shifter. Car starts fine and shifts fine.

My air bag light is ON...................no airbags deployed

Traction control light (car with skid tracks) is ON........Traction buton on dash doesnt shut it off

Car door light (red car with front doors open) is ON..........all doors closed

Exclamation mark (!) light is ON.................yes I want to scream

Brake light is ON.................parking brake is not on.............all lights work

All lights work fine BUT.......turn and hazard dash lights do not luminate

I get a HIGH BEAM light ON continously with instrument cluster lights ON only even with key out of the ignition anddoors closed.

Small small fire confined to the area described: INNER MID Right center Console.

Message center says:

check Park AID SYSTEM

check Brake SYSTEM

The block connector located in the center console (accessed via the passenger side console cover) was charred. So I cut the wires individually and taped them up so that no two wires would be touching.

I did not install the new SYNC center console block wire harness because the body wire harness that I explained above was disgarded due to being charred.

I thought that if i had no plans using the SYNC again, that I did not need to replace the charred connector and thus connect the SYNC cetner console.

Any thoughts, ideas, suggestions or personal experiences???

Is there a wire that was taped off that needs to go to ground?

SYNC wire harness...along with many interior wire harness connect toa BOX located directly infront of the center console on the floor...what is that? Air bag Module???

thanks in advance for all the help.

Everything in the car is on a network. If you've cut wires and not reconnected them, you've made the network discontinuous, thus every module on the network (which is pretty much everything) isn't going to get it's signals.

Thanks for the reply///I order Dealer Manuals and Schematics ...I should get them soon. I will review and trace the cut wires to the sync to see if they can be bypassed. thx