Trans oil change

Depiry

2101 Edge limited

While changing the oil,12500 miles(every 2500 miles),I decided to open the lower drain plug on the tranny,slowly so I was sure it was tranny fluid,after drain I replaced plug and refilled with Motorcraft Mercon LV fluid 4.5 quarts that brought the level to mid point on the dip stick,warm.Marty

Edited by Depiry

2101 Edge limited

While changing the oil,12500 miles(every 2500 miles),I decided to open the lower drain plug on the tranny,slowly so I was sure it was tranny fluid,after drain I replaced plug and refilled with Motorcraft Mercon V fluid 4.5 quarts that brought the level to mid point on the dip stick,warm.Marty

Why on earth would change your oil every 2500 miles? How many months is that?

You shouldn't need to touch the trans fluid until at least 30K. Some go 60K or 100K.

2101 Edge limited

While changing the oil,12500 miles(every 2500 miles),I decided to open the lower drain plug on the tranny,slowly so I was sure it was tranny fluid,after drain I replaced plug and refilled with Motorcraft Mercon V fluid 4.5 quarts that brought the level to mid point on the dip stick,warm.Marty

Changing your oil at 2,500 miles is a waste of money. Not to mention the tranny fluid should not be anywhere close to needing a change unless you just tow stuff with your vehicle everyday, all day.

My 2010 Raptor and Mustang both go 5,000 miles before oil changes....aside from the initial break-in 1,000 mile oil change.

Save your money and time.

• 1 month later...

Greetings and welcome

Anyone have any issues with the dipstick?

Wasn’t it invented during the dark ages, pick up a stick and stick it in the well to see if there is any water.

Seriously I would trust the book and NOT the stick, over filling is almost, if not just as bad as under filling.

ab

Greetings and welcome

Anyone have any issues with the dipstick?

Wasn’t it invented during the dark ages, pick up a stick and stick it in the well to see if there is any water.

Seriously I would trust the book and NOT the stick, over filling is almost, if not just as bad as under filling.

ab

Issues with the what???

Which is exactly why you should trust the stick and NOT the book. The book doesn't know how much oil you left in the engine when you drained it or any other changes that may have occurred. The dipstick goes directly into the crankcase. There is no other way to accurately measure the oil level.

Which is exactly why you should trust the stick and NOT the book. The book doesn't know how much oil you left in the engine when you drained it or any other changes that may have occurred. The dipstick goes directly into the crankcase. There is no other way to accurately measure the oil level.

These days, it seems like they are more concerned wit the "life" of the oil rather than the level.

Life of the oil is based on driving conditions, not levels.

There is still no excuse for ignoring level of oil in your crankcase.

These days, it seems like they are more concerned wit the "life" of the oil rather than the level.

Life of the oil is based on driving conditions, not levels.

There is still no excuse for ignoring level of oil in your crankcase.

Oil life has nothing to do with the proper oil level so I'm not sure what you're trying to say.

Too little or too much oil are both really bad for your engine. The dipstick is the only accurate measure.