Window locks

jamers1

In my 2008 the window lock feature that the Driver has access to will disable the rear window controls as well as the passenger side window control. This is actually a nusance as whomever is sitting in the front seat tries to roll down the window and can't without asking the driver. I get it that the feature is basically there to keep kids from rolling down the back windows but anyone old enough to ride in the front should have total control of that window. Even if I put a 12 year old in the front and they rolled down the window I'd just say roll it back up. Chances are a 12+ year old will listen as opposed to a 3 year old sitting in the back. If not then they are still withing slappying distance and I wouldn't even have to take my eyes off the road to do it. :-)

Has this feature changed on the 2010? I'm in for the 2011 and hoping they will have changed it. Plus I think the passenger should have 1 touch auto up/down as well.

In my 2008 the window lock feature that the Driver has access to will disable the rear window controls as well as the passenger side window control. This is actually a nusance as whomever is sitting in the front seat tries to roll down the window and can't without asking the driver. I get it that the feature is basically there to keep kids from rolling down the back windows but anyone old enough to ride in the front should have total control of that window. Even if I put a 12 year old in the front and they rolled down the window I'd just say roll it back up. Chances are a 12+ year old will listen as opposed to a 3 year old sitting in the back. If not then they are still withing slappying distance and I wouldn't even have to take my eyes off the road to do it. :-)

Has this feature changed on the 2010? I'm in for the 2011 and hoping they will have changed it. Plus I think the passenger should have 1 touch auto up/down as well.

Switch it to the unlock position and leave it there, then the windows can always be rolled down.

I think back to the 70's, I went home as a newborn in a vette in my moms lap, and we rode in the front seat as toddlers and the rear seatbelts were always pushed down into the seats so we just never wore them. Station wagons had rear windows that opened with a crank from the inside and it was fun to hang out the back of the car in traffic. With that, it sounds like owning a car and kids nowadays is complicated. Between car seats and seat belts and safety features to keep the windows closed it is quite a lockdown situation for the little guys. Maybe being able to roll down the passenger window is a priviledge and not a right. :)