Navigation

Freddie

If you get the navigation option (8in touch screen) it does. The base models require the subscription.

Thanks Waldo. Let me make sure everything is clear. I have ordered the Nav option on the 2011. I assume it will either have a dvd or sd card with the maps on it. So you are saying that it will give verbal turn by turn directions based on the maps on the dvd or sd card, correct?

So what benefit is the "Sync" subscription provide in my case? Just real-time traffic integration in the selection of the best route?

Thanks Waldo. Let me make sure everything is clear. I have ordered the Nav option on the 2011. I assume it will either have a dvd or sd card with the maps on it. So you are saying that it will give verbal turn by turn directions based on the maps on the dvd or sd card, correct?

So what benefit is the "Sync" subscription provide in my case? Just real-time traffic integration in the selection of the best route?

You are correct - it uses an SD card. The benefit of the Sync subscription is that it uses a different database, so some POIs that aren't on the SD card will be in the Sync service. The traffic info is also a benefit, though the Sirius travelink is more useful. Sync also offers stuff like sports scores, news, stock quotes, horroscopes and stuff like that. When using Sync for directions with a Nav system, the Sync just downloads the destination to the Nav system, then the Nav calculates the route and gives the directions.