20" chrome "stock" rims on MKX

denkigroove

Don't know why early reviews of the MKX, they have the 20" chrome rims (like on Mark LT and Navigator - and forum main header photo above) installed on the vehicle, but its not even available as an option for it?

This is what really caught my attention for the MKX as the 20" wheels really make it stand out! When I asked the dealer about that option, it wasn't even available :angry: . I even offered to pay extra for the wheels if they swapped it for me but turns out the 20" wheels on the Mark LT use the 6-bolt pattern whereas the MKX/EDge have the 5-lug bolt patterns, so this means those wheels can't be used on the vehicle.

I guess they were reviewing the pre-production model which had the 20"/6-lug bolt pattern before Lincoln decided on going with the 18" wheels instead (bad move!). I know aftermarket wheels could look good too, but anyone else here like myself who likes keeping it stock and the 20" stock wheels definitely would have given the MKX a more sophisticated look. :rockon: Lincoln shouldn't have teased us with those nice 20" wheels !

Don't know why early reviews of the MKX, they have the 20" chrome rims (like on Mark LT and Navigator - and forum main header photo above) installed on the vehicle, but its not even available as an option for it?

This is what really caught my attention for the MKX as the 20" wheels really make it stand out! When I asked the dealer about that option, it wasn't even available :angry: . I even offered to pay extra for the wheels if they swapped it for me but turns out the 20" wheels on the Mark LT use the 6-bolt pattern whereas the MKX/EDge have the 5-lug bolt patterns, so this means those wheels can't be used on the vehicle.

I guess they were reviewing the pre-production model which had the 20"/6-lug bolt pattern before Lincoln decided on going with the 18" wheels instead (bad move!). I know aftermarket wheels could look good too, but anyone else here like myself who likes keeping it stock and the 20" stock wheels definitely would have given the MKX a more sophisticated look. :rockon: Lincoln shouldn't have teased us with those nice 20" wheels !

18" wheels are fine, the Edge has the same size. If you want 20" wheels just buy them already, if you can afford an mkx (even a lease) you should be able to afford your own wheels. I want 22's myself and most will be happy with 18".

-Dan

• 3 weeks later...
18" wheels are fine, the Edge has the same size. If you want 20" wheels just buy them already, if you can afford an mkx (even a lease) you should be able to afford your own wheels. I want 22's myself and most will be happy with 18".

-Dan

I love the look of the 20s but did not want to give up ride comfort.

I decided to stick with 18s and don't regret it in the least.

DSCF0355.jpg

DSCF0350.jpg

I have followed the Edge from the beginning, and have never seen any review, or article that mentioned 20" wheels.

The only place I have ever seen 20" wheels mentioned by Ford was when the Edge had it's own webpage, and even then it was listed under possible future options.

So maybe you could provide links to these reviews, so we all could enjoy them.

• 4 weeks later...

There is an MKX on my local dealers lot that has 20" wheels on it. The brand is Niche & they are shod with Toyo tires. They are a 5 spoke design & look pretty decent. However, they add just under 5K to the sticker price for just under 48K.

Something else interesting about this car is that the center cosole is painted black insted of satin nickle. The first one I've seen like that.