Pulls to the right after alignment

DKS

Perhaps torque steer is for some, but its already been pointed out that there is a TSB for this issue that has recently been updated for the 2011. In fact, I think there is a special one just for the Sport with the 22"s. Those big fattys tend to amplify any minor alignment issue. I just had mine done a couple of weeks ago and its much better now. My steering wheel wasn't even lined up. I was 2-5deg off to the right, even though I was fighting the wheel from going even further right, but not from torque.

**Note** If you think you have this issue in an 11' get it reviewed ASAP!, I know in Canada, alignment is only covered for the first 20-25K (don't remember exactly), don't know what the US has. Even though its a TSB, it is only covered under the alignment warranty. I was over by 3K I think and had to fight about it. The service adviser was really good about thought. As soon as he saw I was pissed, he started looking for a way around it. I think since my steering wheel was off as well, he could put it under a different category, I didn't care, as long as I didn't have to pay for it.

They did a 4 wheel alignment and adjusted a few items based on the TSB. I wouldn't say its perfect now, but much better then before and the steering actually feels lighter, I guess since I'm not fighting it since its balanced correctly.

Someone else mentioned air pressure, I notice that big time with the 22's. I've played with that a little and I'm getting to the point where I can even tell what tire is low based on what the steering wheel is doing. I generally ride a pound or 2 high, which makes low tires even more obvious.

After the fact repairs are a function of mistakes caused by engineering --- maybe production engineering, but it's still engineering. Torque steer on the edge is minimal--- but is still there. Something you'll have to live with even after their "fix".

There is no "perfect" vehicle. I don't care what you drive from a Citroen 2CV to a Maybach--- nothing fits everybody. There will always be something that someone will find offensive enough to complain about. If enough folks complain, there will be a fix--- sometimes, and sometimes you'll simply have to either trade the thing off or live with the offensive problem till you can't stand it any longer.

Case in point--- I bought a Toyota Sienna in '04--- Great vehicle if all you cared about was that it didn't break. It was the most uncomfortable vehicle I ever had in 2 areas--- The arm rests in the front were way too low and the center seats could not be reclined because the seat back would make a uncomfortable lump in the small of your back. I traded off a 2000 Ford Windstar because every trip to the dealer to fix something was a 2 trip event. They never fixed anything right the first time. The Windstar had the most comfortable interior of anything I ever drove. --- but it broke frequently.

• 1 year later...

My edge is pulling left. I have had it in the shop 2 times and both times they did an alignment and said it was fixed but its not. I have to keep steady pressure on the wheel which you shouldn't have to. I told him about the fix that I read about in this topic page posted by edgieguy and they said they would look at it. Anything else I can do?