Build/Delivery of 2011 MKX

hriley9

Does anyone on this forum know EXACT build time for a 2011 MKX and projected delivery times to Southeast US?

My dealer initially stated (on 31 August) that my MKX would be built on 13 September but could not give me an approximate delivery date. When queried today I was told computer shows vehicle "in process".

Any REAL INFO would be appreciated.

Harry

Does anyone on this forum know EXACT build time for a 2011 MKX and projected delivery times to Southeast US?

My dealer initially stated (on 31 August) that my MKX would be built on 13 September but could not give me an approximate delivery date. When queried today I was told computer shows vehicle "in process".

Any REAL INFO would be appreciated.

Harry

In Process means the order is in Ford's hands. When mine finally got to "In Process", I could get no other information about the order.

Mine was in process for a couple of weeks before the plant gave it a build date. Once I got a build date, I also got a VIN. I'm wondering where the dealership got a date of 9/13. I bet it's an estimate.

Mine was scheduled to be built week of 9/6. It finished build on 9/8 (i think)

Last report is Mine has been on a train since this sunday (9/12)

I still don't have an ETA.

Search through some of the threads here. Much has been captured there.

If you read through some of the threads on the attached forum you might bet a better idea too - I ordered 7/23 - was given a build date of the week of 8/30 on or around 8/16... it has been in transit since the first or second of September... I should get it in the next couple of weeks, but I am getting it to Alaska so a little slower than most folks.

http://www.blueovalforums.com/forums/index.php?/forum/80-vehicle-locator-by-ford-employees/

Once you get your vin you can choose to start your own thread and ask for someone to try and track your car.

Your dealership has the most and most accurate information on the scheduling of vehicles. Their information is updated on Thur evenings. Once the vehicle is produced, it is turned over to the transport companies ( rail, truck, etc.) Other tracking systems go into play then. The things you can't anticipate very well are when the vehicle will be picked up from the plant, if the vehicle will be taken to a staging yard for truck delivery, if the vehicle had any in-transit damage that needs to be repaired or if the Company puts a hold on delivery for any quality concerns.

So, when anyone guesses, they can be off by as much as two weeks. Most guessers will add a week or so just to cover some of the unexpected. For example, I called the CRC on delivery timing for a new Mountaineer and they "guessed" 10 days out and the truck came in later that day. It's often the luck of the draw since delivery truckers like to load for minimal travel and stops.