Picking up my new Ford 2011 Edge Sport in Tuxedo Black today

ZZedge

There is a pic of the sport in platinum white in a thread started by Trish070707 - looks awesome.

How is it ZZ?

Here's a direct link to Trish's pictures.

White Sport Pics

Choff...My Edge sport just switched to "In Production" / "Sent to Plant" today. Build date is 9/28. Based on your experience, how long do you think it'll take to get to NJ?

White Sport Pics

Choff...My Edge sport just switched to "In Production" / "Sent to Plant" today. Build date is 9/28. Based on your experience, how long do you think it'll take to get to NJ?

Mine took almost a month from build date to today... But much longer trip - maybe two weeks?

White Sport Pics

This morning the Ford CRC confirms that My LTD has been built and is still "awaiting shipment" to NJ. It's been "awaiting shipment" since 9/14.

The ETA is still 9/25. I ordered it on 8/11. Dealer had said 6 - 8 weeks. That looks to be right on.

According to the sticker the method of transportation is convoy (truck carrier) so travel to NJ should just be one or two days.

Edited by e-Mel

Awesome. Thanks! Waiting is not my best attribute. I'm hoping for the 2 weeks! Woo hoo!

Tomorrow will be exactly two months from the day I did the order - It will be hard to order a car again - I am not good at the waiting either, but really excited to have exactly what I want in the car and nothing extra. And the color I want - I am glad I did it, since there is only two others that I know of anywhere close to me and neither have what I want so... trade offs.

You will survive. The rest of us have - and some ordered way at the beginning of summer.

Tomorrow will be exactly two months from the day I did the order - It will be hard to order a car again - I am not good at the waiting either, but really excited to have exactly what I want in the car and nothing extra. And the color I want - I am glad I did it, since there is only two others that I know of anywhere close to me and neither have what I want so... trade offs.

You will survive. The rest of us have - and some ordered way at the beginning of summer.

Hey, last car I ordered, I was promised 90 days. Turned into 120! I waited exactly 4 months for that Infiniti.

I ordered BluEdge on 7/23 and took delivery 9/21 - 60 days. It would've been less had the train it was on not broken down. :wacko:

I'd be most pleased with waiting just 2 months.

I ordered my MKX July 17th. As far as I can tell it hasn't even been built yet. The dealer had a hand in the delay, misleading me (aka lying) as to the submitted order date and the order priority. And absolutely useless as far as informing me as to its status. Been using the Cyberman link in the Blue Oval forum to get what little information I do have. But I do have the window sticker to look at!

Hey, last car I ordered, I was promised 90 days. Turned into 120! I waited exactly 4 months for that Infiniti.

I ordered BluEdge on 7/23 and took delivery 9/21 - 60 days. It would've been less had the train it was on not broken down. :wacko:

Rev, is that a blue grill? I didn't even know you could get them the same colour as your car. I thought they were chrome colour. That's a sweet looking ride!! Congrats!! :yup:

Congrats!!! I want to get the Sport in White and I will be buying within the next two months. Can you post pics of your ride? That would be great! Once again, CONGRATS!!!

Thanks - sorry for the late reply - been really busy - car is running really well - loving it. Having trouble positing a pic here - will try again

post-11107-020348200 1285519178_thumb.jpg

Edited by ZZedge