18inch edge mags on 2011 soirt model?

2011sport

Great question, I've been trying to find this out myself and was going to post this as well.

I am picking up a 2011 Limited with 20's but also need to know if i can use some 18's from previous models / years??

Has Ford done anything that would not allow SEL or Limited 18" mags for example from 2008 - 2009 - 2010 to fit on the 2011's? Are the widths the same and bolt pattern to?

2011sport - as long as your overall tire height / ratio remains the same, you will have no problem providing we find out if the wheels are the same width, size, bolt pattern etc..

I'm looking for a set of rims for the winter and need them quickly also!

Tony

Great question, I've been trying to find this out myself and was going to post this as well.

I am picking up a 2011 Limited with 20's but also need to know if i can use some 18's from previous models / years??

Has Ford done anything that would not allow SEL or Limited 18" mags for example from 2008 - 2009 - 2010 to fit on the 2011's? Are the widths the same and bolt pattern to?

2011sport - as long as your overall tire height / ratio remains the same, you will have no problem providing we find out if the wheels are the same width, size, bolt pattern etc..

I'm looking for a set of rims for the winter and need them quickly also!

Tony

My local dealer told me 18" will fit perfect. Also told me to not spend the money on the sensors if they not included.

Are you saying then that any 18" wheel from a 2009 - 2010 Edge be it SEL or Limited will fit no problems on the 2011 model as it's the same width, offset etc....

If that's the case, it will certainly open up some more options for me!

Thanks!

Tony

Thats what he told me today. Now I will ask somewhere else to be sure! Ask your local dealer for fun and let me know.

Where you from?

Actually, I'm from Brossard, my parents live in TMR.

I just ordered my 2011 Limited last night and the girl who helped me out is out for the next week so maybe Ill ask their service department about this.

What's scary is that I knew more about the car then they did, actually I knew more about the car than most people at the dealership...the 2011 is just so new that if you haven't been here reading each night like I have, they aren't that informed I find.

I don't think enough people have the car yet and have substituted their 22's or 20's for 18" to run in the winter, I am NO WAY running my 20's in our type of winters and salt, need a pair of rims to play with in the snow and keep my 20's for summer.

Been trying to speak with "Pat" / Controleur2001 as I know he has the exact same model I ordered with the same options but I believe he has already found some winter wheels that he will be using, I think they are new as well...Steel or Aluminum rims, don't remember off hand.

I will be emailing him tomorrow for some more info and tips on what he is doing for the winter, I know he was working on this problem as well. My delivery should be end of November, early December I was told.

Maybe we can all work together and find some solutions for the winter, I'm guessing that's why your looking into 18's as well? Maybe pick something up generic like all Black rims?

Feel free to PM me anytime about this as well.

Tony

Edited by Dreamss

Actually, I'm from Brossard, my parents live in TMR.

I just ordered my 2011 Limited last night and the girl who helped me out is out for the next week so maybe I’ll ask their service department about this.

What's scary is that I knew more about the car then they did, actually I knew more about the car than most people at the dealership...the 2011 is just so new that if you haven't been here reading each night like I have, they aren't that informed I find.

I don't think enough people have the car yet and have substituted their 22's or 20's for 18" to run in the winter, I am NO WAY running my 20's in our type of winters and salt, need a pair of rims to play with in the snow and keep my 20's for summer.

Been trying to speak with "Pat" / Controleur2001 as I know he has the exact same model I ordered with the same options but I believe he has already found some winter wheels that he will be using, I think they are new as well...Steel or Aluminum rims, don't remember off hand.

I will be emailing him tomorrow for some more info and tips on what he is doing for the winter, I know he was working on this problem as well. My delivery should be end of November, early December I was told.

Maybe we can all work together and find some solutions for the winter, I'm guessing that's why your looking into 18's as well? Maybe pick something up generic like all Black rims?

Feel free to PM me anytime about this as well.

Tony

My dealer too was slow on info (I knew more than they did). One dealer actually told me I could not order before mid october....Not true i ordered 31st Aug. I ordered the sport model so for sure I aint using those 22 ' mags in our snow! Im waiting for someone to confirm for sure if the 18' would fit. If I get news, ill PM you right away. Tony, must be italian like me! Im not far (from tmr), own a travel agaency in rosemont area.

My local dealer told me 18" will fit perfect. Also told me to not spend the money on the sensors if they not included.

Wow, talk about opening themselves up to liability. The TPMS is a federally mandated safety system so if anything ever happened to you because of lack of TPMS, you could sue that dealer big time. That's like them telling you that you should unbolt your seatbelts.

Wow, talk about opening themselves up to liability. The TPMS is a federally mandated safety system so if anything ever happened to you because of lack of TPMS, you could sue that dealer big time. That's like them telling you that you should unbolt your seatbelts.

Oh come on now, the past 50 years did we really need sensors in our tires? If I could have ordered the car without it I would. Car companies are now adding this to bring up the cost but I find it useless!