Radio Changes?

• 2 weeks later...
Why shop in Tulsa or Broken Arrow are you dealing with that is giving you these prices? Car Trends? Car Toys?

It was Kenny's that gave me the ridiculous price. I've since been to Car Trends, who seem like they know what they're doing (and won't rip you off in the process).

• 1 year later...
We use the Peripheral Peswips

you need to ground pin 19 of the main harness this is the feed from the radio to the steering wheel. then you also need a resistor on the purple wire on the control box

I'm hoping you can help me out here. I have my AVIC f700bt installed, and am very happy with it. My last step is to get my PESWIPS installed and programmed to retain my steering wheel controls. I know I have to connect the black wire from the PESWIPS to ground, the Red wire to the +12volt red wire, and the white wire to the SWC wire (pin 18 in original harness).

One thing to note - I am using the FORDAH wiring harness that provides a lead to ground (black) and to the SWC (green with white stripe).

I'm not completely understanding the following two steps:

• How/where to ground pin 19 from the original harness. I currently have the black wire from the PESWIPS grounded to the black wire from the FORDAH harness. Is this incorrect?
  • What technique to use to place the 100 ohm resistor from the inside purple wire to the white wire on the PESWIPS.

Thanks in advance for any details you can provide.

What securinu said, he knows his shit and won't rip you off. Screw circuit city........those installers are a bunch of pot-heads who install junk subs in honda civics with half primer paint. Besides, they are out of business and don't give a shit. These businesses thrive on ignorance of the customers and securinu is offering a good deal and honest work..........which is hard to comeby these days. I'm not calling you igorant by any means, I have installed stereo systems on cars before, but not this complicated. I would leave this to the pros, but sometimes becoming educated on the subject will save you money and headaches. There is no better feeling then installing something yourself and reaping the benefits. I have read many posts by securinu, and believe me, I see right thorough bullshit, and he spews no bullshit. This forum is for information to save us money and have the job done right the first time.